any recommend a reliable acoustic luthier in or around newcastle?

What's Hot
Hi there, im after some work done on my Taylor acoustic and due to its high price tag i only want to use someone who truly knows what there doing and that has a good track record.can anyone recommend anyone they have used? ive heard about Les Tones but he seems nigh on impossible to get a hold of and the link at the header of the forum for jxg guitars is dead. 
thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TitchTitch Frets: 45
    You could try Alan Brayson who I think is in Whitley Bay on 0191 2901751 or go into Brian Younger's shop in The Old George Yard in Newcastle who may be able to help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Titch said:
    You could try Alan Brayson who I think is in Whitley Bay on 0191 2901751 or go into Brian Younger's shop in The Old George Yard in Newcastle who may be able to help.
    thanks man, have you used these guys before? i cant seem to be able to find out much info on them thats all?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TitchTitch Frets: 45
    Our sax player used to  have a guitar shop and all of his repairs/set up's etc he sent to Alan.

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Dave Wilson is ya man but his web site is down. He finishes and sets up Stefan Sobells acoustic builds and has an amazing reputation.
    Can contact him via his FB page ...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002025970885&fref=ts
    #thebatesmotelband
  • musicmanmusicman Frets: 42
    BGG said:
    Dave Wilson is ya man but his web site is down. He finishes and sets up Stefan Sobells acoustic builds and has an amazing reputation.
    Can contact him via his FB page ...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002025970885&fref=ts

+1 with Dave Wilson, I've not used him for acoustic work but had a refinish done. Very professional and again check out his facebook page to see his work.
    Another thing he's only in Hexham.