What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Where did you get the set up done. It is really good  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    edited March 2017
    I did it lol - must have been a lucky day. That's how I set all mine up for gigging, not that I'm gigging these days!
    -> You'll have to do a video!! :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Really well done. Intonation spot on, action low but no buzzing. Never had a guitar arrive before that I did n't do some tweaking on (In Thomanns case do a complete set up on a Custom Shop Strat). Even the Tele, which was well set up by Coda needed some slight adjustment. That is just bang on. Buying guitars from good players generally means they will be better set up I think. 
    edited March 2017
    To be honest it was set up well by PRS when I got it - I only changed the action a bit (lowered the string height via bridge screws) and tweaked the truss rod (and made sure the intonation was there - can you believe that is all unchanged from when I got the guitar more than 2 years ago!?). If I was to do anything else it would be to shave the nut ever so slightly, really very minutely... but I didn't think it would be worth the hassle. 10s suit the guitar perfectly. 

Really glad you like it - makes me feel good inside! It's a real snarler - sounds fantastic.
    So there we have proof of a great PRS people!  
    Thanks again for your generous offer on this guitar - it's really helping me out!!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    @thomasross20 - at least you've still got some PRS goodness to keep hold of ;)
    That's right @Bridgehouse ! I mentioned that in my epic thread :) 
    I'll PM you!
    PRSs new cases and pickups are night and day better than the older ones. Case is well solid. Sounds like a good PRS should through my amps (had to turn the volume down on the buffer/clean boost though). Loving it so far. 
    Agreed on all points! 
    Really am glad you like it. And that I'm not the only one!! :)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Well done @Evilmags that's the nicest thing I've seen for a long time. Hats off to you
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Played it all last night. Utterly stunning example of a PRS CU24. 
    Mags is a great guy. When I was a poor student (now I'm a poor adult lol) he took me out to dinner with his family! 
    This seems to hold weight against his amazing guitars so it's good news for PRS lol
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom