Has anyone compared the Caroline Meteore to the DBA Reverberation Machine?

What's Hot
A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
edited March 2017 in FX
Really interested in both of these for weird, alternative delay tones but with both being relatively hard to come by was just wondering what experiences other people had with them. I used to think the Meteore was definitely the way to go but now I think it might be a little odd being able to have such a distorted reverb signal with a plain clean guitar - at the with the DBA both signals are distorted by the gain control.

Anyway, any thoughts welcome, or other weird reverb suggestions
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    I have no experience with the Meteore but can often be found waxing lyrical about the DBA. It's staggering amazing, beautiful and nasty in one go. 

I agree that they both both seem to be in that similar vein of weird/interesting reverbs. I would happily repurchase another DBA tomorow if I had the cash
    How very rock and roll
  • samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    Yeah, again, no experience with the Meteore but the DBA just feels so organic. A step up would be the Industrialectric RM-1n, if you wanted to look into it. A really incredible pedal. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    This sounds like a question for ilovefuzz
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a Meteore; the gain can be turned off on the verb so you get clean reverb. But it totally works having it on with clean guitar IMO. Loads of personality in it.