T-Rex Mudhoney V1 / opinions on the BMF El Jefe Overdrive

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
 Is anyone using one? loving it? hating it? I'm really liking the fat overdriven and fuzzy tones you can get from it, but how does it compare to something like a Rat (which I've since moved on) or a Crowther Hotcake which I currently own.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• danodano Frets: 1592
    I've got a Mudhoney (it's the original with the Dinosaur logo!) For about 10 years. it's my main dirt pedal when I need a heavier drive / distortion sound. the tone control on it is very use able. I use an OD-3 for lighter overdrive sounds. 

It is a Rat clone and sounds a lot like my Rat I had previously to it.

I haven't played a Hotcake for a while but from recollection the Hotcake has more Mids and doesn't get as dirty when the gain is higher, it gives fuzzy quicker.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for that!
  • I have the TC electronic Vintage Distortion which is a rebadged Mudhoney, part of a range TC briefly released (presumably licensed by T-Rex). It's my go-to drive pedal, I love it even more now I've got a Dickinson Lo-Mo boost to wallop the front end of it. Love it so much that I'm currently after the twin version!
  • ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    I'm a massive BMF effects fan and have a number of Scott's pedals. The El Jefe is really good but, like anything it depends what you're looking for.
  • Is there much gain on tap for the El Jefe and what amp are you using?