Who owns a CAE MC401 boost pedal ?

TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
How do you find it ?

On a mildly dirty amp setting will it push things from jeff healey blues  to warren dimartini 80s ratt tones ?

Im currently using a maxon od808 reissue set volume 50% and drive fully off, whilst the maxon is a quality unit id like something with less of a mid hump. All feedback appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    It's a nice booster with a fairly flat frequency response and just a slight increase in top end sparkle. It's got enough volume to drive an amp's input.
    It can be used at 18 volts but I can't say it made a huge difference to the sound.
    I just prefer the SHO for the extra output and more sparkle.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    I've got one, as already said it's a great little pedal, it does add a bit of top end sparkle which sometimes annoys the shit out of me, other times it doesn't!!!

It was on my board for years until it got pushed out by a Providence Final Booster...
  • try an EQ pedal
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Unreliablity grumbles with this, apparently switch is on pcb and the pressing of the switch causes flexing and intermittent niggles.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    Is your amp capable of the ratt sounds when fully wound up ?
  • ClassicClassic Frets: 40
    The Mc401 is a great clean boost but if you can stretch to the Suhr Isoboost, it's better for that application.

if you're looking for a boost pedal to push a bit more then a fat boost may suit you better. BMF or Fulltone are good