SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - Line 6 Variax XPS box

SnazzyGeezerSnazzyGeezer Frets: 38
edited March 2017 in Misc £
Looking for a XPS box,the black plastic converter box,that allows the Variaxe 
(old type) to be run off the mains rather than batteries.
This normally comes with the variax,but I've recently bought a used variax and the guy has lost/mislayed it.
anyone know for one I could buy ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7006
    tFB Trader
    I've got one that I'd be happy to sell. What model Variax is it? (I've got both types)
  • Hi Steve,I've got the variax 300 model

Best regards,
    Steve
    tFB Trader
    Hi Steve, sorry I've just checked and I don't have the power supply for this
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    The 300 will work with the XPS Mini (the black box) or with the XPS A/B Switch (silver wedge with the switch, switching between 1/4in and XLR). You will of course need the TRS cable to connect the guitar to the box - did that come with the guitar?

I've checked and I don't have any more of them myself - but armed with that, you should find something to power it.

Good luck
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

tFB Trader
    If you can find a power supply then you are welcome to my XPS mini for the cost of the postage.
    The power supply is known as the PX-2 (or later PX-2G) which can still be bought new.

• Hello guys,I bought the guitar last week it didn't come with anything.
    No XPS mini
    No lead
    No power adaptor to power the XPS mini,although I've just bought a generic power supply off eBay,it's not a genuine line 6 supply.
    No Gig Bag
    when I bought the guitar, I had no idea the guitar/hardware were not supported
    so it looks like I need the whole caboodle. !
    willing too buy,beg,borrow(and not give back,Lol)
    but not steal,although,borrowing and not giving it back would constitute stealing if confronted by judge Judy or Rinder : -)

I just want to say thanks chaps for all your help an advise,you're such a knowledgeable (and kind) bunch on here,I honestly feel proud,to be apart of this community.

Steve
    tFB Trader
    Well if you would like my XPS box all you'll need then is a stereo ("TRS") lead and you're rocking.
  • Hi Steve,Just work out how much you want and I'll pay buy PayPal if that's ok with you.
    also I'm spraying a lap steel, and want the Gibson EH 150 rich tobacco sunburst look,do you have these colours
    in a Aerosol. ?

best regards,
    Steve
    tFB Trader
    You mean like this one? https://www.vintageguitar.com/21911/an-odd-gibson-eh-150/

Looks to be 3-tone I think, and my recipe is here: http://www.manchesterguitartech.co.uk/nitrocellulose-lacquer/lacquer-faqs/#sunburst

If you'd like to buy the lacquer via my website I'll just stick the XPS in the box for you.

• SnazzyGeezerSnazzyGeezer Frets: 38
    edited March 2017
    Cool,thanks,that's great, Steve 

all the best,
    Steve
    Be VERY wary of generic power supplies that say they work with Line6 gear... the PX2 is an AC output, check your generic one is.

I used to run the service dept for Line6 U.K. - we used to see a lot of units damaged by the wrong power supply being used.

Oh and a V300 wasn't supplied with a gig bag. It was the only variax that didn't!!