NAD & NCD - Ceriatone & Marshall

ricorico Frets: 1220
I have been gassing for a valve Marshall half stack for about 10 years now and I am very happy that I now have something that resembles it.

Last week I picked up the MX212 cab for a silly price and yesterday collected the wonderful Ceriatone 2204HW - thanks @cyteryt - from the Parcelforce depot after some too-ing and fro-ing with the delivery. Also picked up a designacable speaker cable from Amazon too.

Set it up in my old music room at my folks' house (no neighbours!) with my trusty Epi LP Custom. Straight in, no pedals, albeit with a cheapo instrument cable - all my nice gear is here in London.

Jesus christ this thing is loud. And awesome. EQ took no time at all to dial in and is THE sound that I have been gassing for since I was young. The gain isn't mad even fully wound up so the driven sounds are superb. Articulate, rich, and very touch sensitive. At lower volumes it is a touch bright but that can be dealt with by tweaking the EQ or turning the master up.

Also it is very loud indeed - did I mention that? I had the pre-amp on full and the master on about 4 and it was almost excruciating in a room with a pitched roof and no soft furnishings. I know the MX212 isn't the best cab (if the reviews are to be believed) but it was very local and very cheap so I took a punt but it sounds pretty good to me. I'm looking forward to how good it will sound with my 'better' guitars and pedals. 

Very poor pics below but the build quality is excellent and survived the trip from Slovakia - it was very well packaged indeed. The loop will be used for delay and reverb but I am not so sure wether it is a series or parallel one.

I have a custom head cab on order from Chris Uff - arriving in the next couple of weeks. 

So it may not be a full-blown Marshall half-stack but it's kind of there and I am very very happy.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cyterytcyteryt Frets: 28
    Yay, happy to hear that you are satisfied. I had it next to my 2203x and this blowed it away in a second. It is 800ish crunch at its best. Keep rockin!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Heard nothing but good things about the Ceriatone amps. I'd love to try their Yeti amp one day.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    Loud as fk, look at the size of those transformers :) Would like to see a Marshall head cab with a black smoke type plexiglass front
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 783
    Congrats. Very well made amps. I have the Yeti 50 which is also v.loud but can be well tamed using pre amp / master vols. That glorious crunch is at its best with the master up & the pre amp down imo.