The Chilis at Superbowl Half Time

DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5381
Their guitars weren't plugged in, were they?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TBH they were the lmest thing about the whole HTS. Im not a fan of Bruno, but his little richard tribute owned it. Fantastic.
  • Here's what Flea had to say about it

But I've gotta wonder.....why didn't they just plug cords in for show?

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• RockerRocker Frets: 4943

Assuming they know how to play their guitars [just assuming], maybe there was nothing for the guitarists to plug them into!  Would it have made any difference if they had a lot of long leads tied to something useless [like a drumstool], each lead plugged into a guitar.  No, the show would still be rubbish. Typical American - all flash, macho and with zero finesse.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:

Assuming they know how to play their guitars [just assuming], maybe there was nothing for the guitarists to plug them into!  Would it have made any difference if they had a lot of long leads tied to something useless [like a drumstool], each lead plugged into a guitar.  No, the show would still be rubbish. Typical American - all flash, macho and with zero finesse.
    I didn't see the show, I'm assuming they didn't have amps onstage either?   I just thought it was really dumb for them to go out without cords in the guitars.  I'm not familiar with the new guitarist but I can vouch that Flea can play the bass, very well, so this was a surprise to me.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I think they weren't allowed to play live and so the not plugging in thing was a way to be honest about it. 
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited February 2014
    I'd rather hear a recording of Kiedis singing… he's pretty ropey live.

EDIT - Apparently the vocals were the only thing live!
  • I'd rather hear a recording of Kiedis singing… he's pretty ropey live.

EDIT - Apparently the vocals were the only thing live!

And Bruno Mars' drum solo, which was Amazing.