You know what I'd really like to do?

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
Give back all my guitars and start again :(

Life would be so much better with 1 bass, 1 acoustic and 1 electric (maybe 2 as a back up / alternative) and no possibility to ever buy any more ever again.

This week alone I've considered a Jazzmaster and a bespoke guitar and a Thin line Tele, oh and servicing some of my existing stuff. It's down right ridiculous.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited March 2017
    I can relate! Some people will look down on this as being a first world problem though...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Done it.... It's liberating  one acoustic one electric, and 2 basses (as I play bass live) I have no desire for anything else it's great, pedals dont even interest me any more, 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23933
    ... the Nolan Sisters?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    DLM said:
    or do you take the Bewitched option
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I'll take them off your hands.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    See, when I think about all the money I've squandered buying and selling things I do think it'd be so much better if I just went back to the age of, say, 22, and just got a bank loan to buy all the things that turned out to be keepers over the last 10 years.

But, I probably wouldn't appreciate what I have now without the experience of all that other gear, so I guess it's all part of the journey.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Sassafras said:
    I'll take them off your hands.
    What, the Nolan sisters?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    riscado said:
    I can relate! Some people will look down on this as being a first world problem though...

Yup, is a 1st world problem, no doubt - but over the years it's been such a waste of money. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    riscado said:

Yup, is a 1st world problem, no doubt - but over the years it's been such a waste of money. 
    Think about it this way, you've had fun and experience some nice guitars, which you wouldn't have done otherwise, if you still feel you need to go back to basics and cut down, you can still do it, it's not an easy process though, but I've done it before, relapsed though.
  • You only need a single coil and humbucker electric.....and a 335.... and then a full hollowbody, then a different style single coil....then a higher output humbucker... then a jack of all trades guitar..... then a more vintage feel single coil..... then a vintage humbucker with that really fat neck that you like..... then this new guitar with more switches and onboard preamp.....

GAS owns us....... don't fight it... through your feet upwards and enjoy the ride downstream.... 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I'm down to three electrics and yesterday I took down the empty wall hanger in my man cave so I can't be tempted, although I still enjoy looking. It's liberating though and I've done it because my play time is very precious these days, so when I sneak 15 mins the decision is Strat, Humbuckers, or a bit of left field action with th Jaguar, then get on with playing rather than A/B'ing.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7143
    edited March 2017
    4 is where I'm at now, and it's more than I've ever had at one time... but it's hard for me to envisage letting any of them go. 

By the way, and apropos of very little, there's an AVRI 62 Jazzmaster in Oly white on Gumtree at the minute for £790 (!!) 

EDIT: there was. That didn't last long! Not surprised. 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I have said this several times, in different ways.

Let's imagine that you have spent £15k on a load of guitars. This spending was triggered by GAS.
    But if you had just bought one £15k guitar.....it is possible that you would wake up every day feeling a strong urge to play that guitar and not feeling a strong urge to buy an unidentified guitar.

If you agree with the theory but think the figure should be £5k - no arguments from me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • How airbrushed is that Nolans photo?!

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4287
    For the past four or five years I've only owned one guitar at a time. Since 2015 I only had an acoustic. That's now sold. 

I currently don't have any guitars. I'm trying to decide at the moment if I'll get another or not. 

I'm about two weeks in and not really missing it to be honest. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    How airbrushed is that Nolans photo?!
    i would still get stuck into Colleen Nolan though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysoft said:
    I wouldn't. Not even with yours.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    timmysoft said:
    I wouldn't. Not even with yours.
    come one @RocknRollDave you know you would fingerblast all the Nolans 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom