Gibson Les Paul Classic T

What's Hot

Has anyone had any experience with these? I'm trying to figure out what the major difference between this and the Standard T is? (not the standard HP)

As I think I'm finally going to pick up a goldtop as I'm putting my plans of buying a custom on hold for the time being so I'd appreciate any info/experiences on the Classic T or whether a standard is a better choice.

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• no one?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited March 2017
    Yes I bought one end of January.

its a full fat Les Paul. With the old style standard weight relief of a
    few holes.

The neck spec is the modern slim taper which is asymmetrical & beefier on the lower string end. 

The pickups were the weak link to me. I found my example quite a naturally bright & resonant guitar. At high gain, the 57 Classic + was a bit screechy in the top end. So I had Lollar Imperials put in.

i thought the fit & finish on new Gibsons to be a big improvement on 15 years ago when I got my first SG. However the set up out of the box was mediocre. So it went to my local tech for fettling. 

I didnt like the lack of a poker poker chip on the pickup selector switch so got one on EBay.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2814/33223808750_92250a8885_z.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Woah! You've pretty much done what i'm considering on doing in terms of adding a poker chip.

I'm glad you've spoken about the pick ups as i'm a little unsure about them and i'm not really keen on the zebra look either. It's decided, i'm getting one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom