Any Enduro/Greenlane m/cycle riders here..?

What's Hot
NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
edited March 2017 in Off Topic
Really thinking of getting an enduro bike when I've saved enough.I'm 58 and my last bike was a 1200 trick bandit but that was 9 years ago.I feel fucked a lot of the time with arthritis n' aches n pains but I've just lost my wife to lung cancer and I don't give a fuck anymore so green laning it is then....
Thinking of a lowly Suzuki DR400E for the ease of maintenance and longer service periods,anyone else have one or what are you running atm.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Check out YouTube user spicy110, he rides a DR400 with the 440 kit and does green Laning vids occasionally. 

my condolences for your loss.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Hertz32 said:
    Check out YouTube user spicy110, he rides a DR400 with the 440 kit and does green Laning vids occasionally. 

my condolences for your loss.
    Thankyou.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    I know nothing about the subject matter but echo Hertz's comment fwiw. Sincere condolences mate. It must be very tough so massive kudos to you  :)
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    Sorry for your loss mate, really feel for you.

I used to do a fair bit of greenlaning, had a DR400 for a while, was a good solid reliable bike (and not too heavy when i had to pick it up back up...) 
    I also had a BMW F650 GS Dakar for a bit (too heavy, but loads of poke) and a Honda CR250. That was a fun bike but being a 2 stroke it took a bit more maintenance to keep it going. 

I'm not sure what the current score with greenlaning is regarding routes, i know there are less routes available these days, at least where i live. We used to go to Salisbury plain quite a bit as there are miles and miles of tracks down there (if you avoid the tanks.. )

Good luck mate, as hobby's go its great fun.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    edited March 2017
    Sorry for your loss.

I do a few green lanes- currently have an R1200GS
    It is a bit of a handful but the weight is down low.
    If I was looking for a green lane only bike then it would be a KTM 350EXC-F or the 250-EXC-F.
    Nothing wrong with the DR, I just like the KTM's- I previously had a KTM 1190Adv and it was a riot.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3360
    Sorry for your loss buddy, I hope this doesn't sound out of place but with all due respect, not giving a fuck anymore and buying a bike may not be the best combination?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    robgilmo said:
    Sorry for your loss buddy, I hope this doesn't sound out of place but with all due respect, not giving a fuck anymore and buying a bike may not be the best combination?
    An old work colleague weeks after his wife passed away went out & bought a new to him but second-hand bike he had always wanted from a seller in Scotland.  It helped him with his loss, gave him something to focus on & put his energy into. 

I know now nothing about bikes so cannot help, but Neckwringer you have my condolences. 
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Thankyou guys for the replies,yes I was looking at KTM initialy but not sure on service periods and costs.
    Went to a RAW Enduro round today @ Ripon,fuckin ell' them guys certainly work hard over 2hrs.
    There's a place in north yorks that do guided green laning or you can just hire a bike for the day
    think I'll start off there to make sure its not just hot air and then if all is good save like fuck to get something
    so that means NO GAS purchases...................yeh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    TRF.org  
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I dreamt of naked girls too of course............