Red Nose Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11286
    Dominic said:
    .I would happily pay for it NOT to commandeer a whole night of television .

The revenue-earning possibilities of this are yet to be explored. There are so many smug telly "personalities" I would pay to have removed from the screen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l said:
    I feel left out at having missed the whole thing.
    For the last 25 years.

You've missed nothing. Honestly...

I shall try my hardest to miss the next 25 then.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    boogieman said:
    I caught about 20 seconds of Rob Bryden being deeply unfunny and turned over. 
    His usual schtick then.

Watched something about a training bakery with Sharon Horgan .. THEN watched a film.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13937
    OK, I'm not in the best mood tonight but I'm really sceptical about the whole thing. Do the public really donate more money each year? I'm sick of hugely rich 'celebrities' asking me for money.

Throwing money at the problems in Africa clearly hasn't worked for the last 30 years. £1BN raised and still 20m people in crisis.

So we send in Ed Sheeran, FFS. Lord alone knows what the African's made of him, looking like one of Frodo's hobbit mates, interviewing kids while his own songs play gently in the background, subliminally selling his latest album.

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Comic Relief has millions in the bank - the problem is distributing it to the right places and people
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16639
    I rushed out on thursday night to buy a nose and T-shirt for the spoglet to wear to school.   She then had to make a "gold coin donation" at school to wear the stuff i had just spent money on.   I didn't have any spare sovereigns or doubloons so hopefully a gold looking coin worth £1 was okay
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    I don't mind donating but this was the worst than I can ever remember it being. French and Saunders were given a few separate slots and must've "written" them in less than 20 seconds. The only thing that genuinely made me chuckle was the heckling support group sketch with Rebecca Front and Frankie Boyle. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SporkySporky Frets: 27986
    robgilmo said:
    And in fairness, do you guys expect to be entertained before you give to charity?
    Isn't that the premise of Red Nose Day?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm sure these events do plenty of good for the needy. The African government is corrupt to the core which is a separate issue.*

The African government? With that level of knowledge of the politics of the African continent, perhaps better not to venture such definitive opinions?

Red Nose Day? I'm lucky, I live in Japan and it doesn't reach here. They have '24-hour Television' telethons every now and again, which are so shite that I can cheerfully tell myself that Red Nose Day is better (though it's not going to make me watch it to find out).
    @Sleepyscholar pitchforks at the ready lol =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• @Sleepyscholar pitchforks at the ready lol =)
    More of a Whammy man myself, I'm afraid...
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    @Sleepyscholar pitchforks at the ready lol =)
    More of a Whammy man myself, I'm afraid...
    Just don't go all Bigsby on me lol

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi