MotoGP thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Unfortunately, we had a power cut yesterday evening, so I missed the Moto3 and Moto2 races ...and the first four laps of the main race!  :'(
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    This season has proven to be a corker so far 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

I would have bet the mortgage before the lights went out in Qatar that Vinales would be world champion this year - now I've no idea if it's going to be him or Marquez.

If I was JL99 I'd be getting a bit worried now. He's had half a season to get used to the bike and is currently being trounced by a variety of customer Ducati's. Including some that were designed to run on Bridgestones not Michelin tyres.

I feel it's highly unlikely that he'd break his 2 year contract a year early, but I'm going to guess that part of the new deal with Petrucci is that if Jorge bails at the end of this year then Danilo gets the factory job.

Great news for Cal Crutchlow getting a HRC contract - really deserved he's put in a lot of hard work testing stuff for Honda.

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Not so good for Lowes, methinks...
  • A cracking British Moto GP round this weekend ...and a result that has certainly set up a potential belter in San Marino, in a fortnight...

It was great.

I've mentioned to a MotoGP journalist that Ducati signed Lorenzo to help them fight for the championship - and in reality that's exactly what is happening (albeit with the rider they didn't expect).

MM93's Honda blowing up was bizarre - rare to see a HRC engine go pop.

Was nice to see Ianone back to his usual tricks of loosing the front end and punting another rider off at the same time - missed that for the last few rounds

Rossi has broken his leg. So that's his championship Over.

I'm now rooting for Dovi !

• Career over?

How many top flight athletes come back from a double leg break at the age of 38?

:'( 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1381
    Oooooof. Do we know how?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    Motocross accident.  

It always seems like a reckless thing to do, but it's seen as an important training element for most top riders.

Shame anyway.  I don't think it will mean retirement for him, but he was a factor in the championship again this year.
    sinbaadi said:
    Motocross accident.  

It always seems like a reckless thing to do, but it's seen as an important training element for most top riders.

Shame anyway.  I don't think it will mean retirement for him, but he was a factor in the championship again this year.
    He has another year to go on his contract so if I was to hazard a guess, next year will be the final one. I am not sure he is quite quick enough to grade the title this year but he is / was giving it a go

Interesting race this weekend.

Felt the booing of Marquez was really uncalled for. Like him or not the guy is damn talented and used his head to win that race. His last lap time was the fastest of the race despite being under no serious threat from Danilo.

Zarco - pushing the bike across the line to gain a single point - what a bloke ! I thought he was going to be sick he was so worn out. I have no idea how he managed to push a bike that distance after riding for 45 minutes.

Iannone - oh dear. Italian rider, in front of an Italian crowd. Pulled into the pits because the rain suit was giving him arm pump. Apparently his team were fuming with him (again)

• The race was hardly a classic - but Marquez rode an absolutely fantastic final lap.  He judged it to perfection.

I see that the British round next year has yet to decide on a venue.

Donnington if they get the facilities up to date otherwise Silverstone. Which means it will be at Silverstone

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    gubble said:

Donnington if they get the facilities up to date otherwise Silverstone. Which means it will be at Silverstone

Yup
  • gubble said:

Hahahahaa!

Spot on!

So 20 days after breaking his leg Rossi gets on an R1 and blasts round a track.

It's now what 22 days after breaking his leg and he's planning on getting on the M1 tomorrow for FP1.

Crazy and insane determination from a  man who clearly doesn't need to prove himself.

I feel for Michael Van Der Mark a bit though. Opportunity of a lifetime taken away from him there.

hell fire. I reckon that might be a bit sore!
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    It will be difficult to watch.  Any off is going to be seriously dodgy.
    I hope he doesn't do any more than fp1.
  • sinbaadi said:
    It will be difficult to watch.  Any off is going to be seriously dodgy.
    I hope he doesn't do any more than fp1.

Seconded.  :/