Show us ya man bags!

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 605
But seriously folks . . . I use a very nice leather briefcase I bought many moons ago. I treat all things that have been with me for a while as an old friend, I'd rather keep using that actually. I have the obligatory swiss army knife in there, cat 5 cable, spare headphones, 3.5mm cable for speakers, and old kindle, a guitar magazine, pens, papers, pencils, HDMI cables, nail clippers and nail file, . . . . I'd have to look in the other sections to see what else :-) I've been told that I need to use a man bag for day to day travel whilst on holiday etc. Who uses em? What's recommended? Pros and cons?

I'd go for the harder Buffalo leather but TBH happy with my leather case ATM though i wouldn't take that on holiday.

Let's not be shy here, post ya man bag pics :-) If you are going to treat this as a NSFW post then please give a warning before posting anything like the video on how to clear a drain, I was just about to eat my dinner!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    Mine's white and blue ,plastic style ........................with TESCO written all over it
    Man bags indeed !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    Mine is more of a box:

and it is attached to this:

Man bags indeed !
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    I find the whole idea of putting a man in a bag repugnant and disturbing.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    @octatonic

Na I can't do something like that: I would save for thousands and thousands of gallons of fuels and I would be off to the horizon always heading for the smoother tarmac. I'd stay in the cheapest hotel, get up, shave - get on the road. . . . repeat. Awesome man bags!
    @VimFuego even if he places himself in a bath and locks it tight himself? That is acceptable these days isn't it?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    Man bags are naff as are briefcases, no-one wants to be a briefcase or man bag wanker.

good quality Wenger (Swissgear) rucksacks are where it's at.

edited March 2017
    deleted may offend :-)
    edited March 2017
    @RandallFlagg TBH that is what I would normally go for but not as easily accessible?? More easily thieved from unless you booby trap with hidden razor blades and/or carry nunchucks in your Y fronts to warn off.
    notanon said:
    @octatonic

Na I can't do something like that: I would save for thousands and thousands of gallons of fuels and I would be off to the horizon always heading for the smoother tarmac. I'd stay in the cheapest hotel, get up, shave - get on the road. . . . repeat. Awesome man bags!
    Real men camp....

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    I've got a black leather one from The Bridge which is about 20 years old - and naturally reliced. One of those extravagant purchases that's of lasting value....
    This post ain't ever going to be serious is it?
    @richardhomer thanks for the reply. Get out now ASAP what have I started FGS. I was serious here I am honestly thinking of buying a man bag.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I was expecting this thread to be more of the "are you happy with your Penis"..

Thank the stars it wasn't.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24202
    edited March 2017
    I was expecting this thread to be more of the "are you happy with your Penis"..

Thank the stars it wasn't.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28034
    I have an Eastpack satchel for holiday use, and a Cocoon satchel for cello.

For work I have a Crumpler backpack.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    When I was commuting into and schlepping around to clients in London I realised quickly that anything bigger than it needed to be was a nightmare in rush hour tubes so for my Birthday Mrs O bought me a really well made Tumi:  https://uk.tumi.com/p/brooks-slim-brief-0222619AT2

I could get my laptop, charger, phone charger, ipad, cables, notebooks and a newspaper in there, and whilst very expensive, the quality tells.

then if I needed one nights overnight gear I used a black leather Tote that I got from M&S - I think it was this one: 

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/08/25/08/2BA4168900000578-3209203-image-a-3_1440489049381.jpg

and if I needed to fly to Scotchpersonsland or go away for longer than one night I have a nice VERY light Samsonite rolling carry-on - this one http://www.samsonite.co.uk/neopulse-spinner-55cm-metallic-blue/65752-1541.html

I get that this might cause people stuck in the 1970s to screw up their noses, but similarly I screw up my nose (in my head) at otherwise presentable people with nylon rucksacks over one shoulder. :-) 

Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28034
    My rucksack goes on both shoulders. :D
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Sporky said:
    My rucksack goes on both shoulders. :D
    No one can accuse you of being a sheep ;)
    If I could find this- vintage doctors medical bag from an insane asylum: