Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3356
    That's what happens when it is made illegal.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • Any other product would be boycotted if people knew it was being produced like this.

It should be legalised and regulated. Works well everywhere else it has been done.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Indeed, allow people to grow their own, and use their own kids as slaves to tend their grow.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    A house just over the green from me had been turned into a cannabis farm.

If only they'd known the property they backed onto has an Ex-policeman living there........

The first the rest of us knew was the police raid.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Who'd have thought, the lessons learned from prohibition era America from alcohol producing gangs STILL hasn't filtered through into the minds of policy makers

The war on drugs was lost... but hey, lets keep on spending billions to placate the drugs-are-bad-mkay groups while the criminal games earn billions ...

Legalise, tax and regulate drugs and prostitution then people trafficking becomes pretty pointless, criminal gangs lose their income and maybe we can spend the billions on health and education to teach people that things like heroine are pretty shitty and hopefully get fewer heroine addicted people, or have better programs for getting them un-hooked ... maybe try and de-stigmatise asking for help ... "I'm addicted to something perfectly legal" is much easier than "I am breaking the law right now because of thing I'm addicted to being on my person, please ruin my life further by jailing me"

Also, lab produced clean drugs will likely be less harmful ... no more cut-with-bleach-because-the-drug-maker-was-high-and-had-nothing-else-left shit
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    @Myranda agreed tax legalise etc but people smuggling won't stop of course - you have slaves producing lots of products including brands. This happens in both their own country and incountries they have been smuggled to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I fondly remember back in 70s when out on my motorbike one sunny weekend when weI stopped for a breather next to a churchyard in Ockham only to be met with this pervasive smell/smoke fug wafting over a churchyard wall... I went over and some people were clearing overgrown areas which obviously had been taken advantage of to grow masses of home-grown! We stood there gulping in as much free weed as we could!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I wish, dry as a bone round these parts!
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Darknet is fairly reliable. whatever version of the Silk Road is working these days. A lot of professionals in London prefer it to having to visit dealers. 

If it is properly legalised you would not have imported weed and hash. The US is the perfect example of that. SHatter, Budder, Wax, BHO, Masses of new strains are all a product of that. 
  • Myranda said:
    Who'd have thought, the lessons learned from prohibition era America from alcohol producing gangs STILL hasn't filtered through into the minds of policy makers

The war on drugs was lost... but hey, lets keep on spending billions to placate the drugs-are-bad-mkay groups while the criminal games earn billions ...

Legalise, tax and regulate drugs and prostitution then people trafficking becomes pretty pointless, criminal gangs lose their income and maybe we can spend the billions on health and education to teach people that things like heroine are pretty shitty and hopefully get fewer heroine addicted people, or have better programs for getting them un-hooked ... maybe try and de-stigmatise asking for help ... "I'm addicted to something perfectly legal" is much easier than "I am breaking the law right now because of thing I'm addicted to being on my person, please ruin my life further by jailing me"

Also, lab produced clean drugs will likely be less harmful ... no more cut-with-bleach-because-the-drug-maker-was-high-and-had-nothing-else-left shit

I looked into this at uni, and I absolutely agree with you, but there is a catch. 

If they are regulated people will expect them to be safe, but even "a bit of weed" has plenty of suspected dangers. Sadly, the research isn't really there yet. Plenty of dangers in cocaine or ecstasy with regards to undiagnosed heart conditions. 

If people have complications, they're responsible for their own actions and if they hurt anyone else, throw the book at them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    What is this darknet you speak of? Wiki says there are a lot of them?
    VPN, Tor browser and off you go. Don't put anything dodgy into a search engine though. 
    VPN? Ive downloaded the TOR browser and had a look at a market place, my god! But how do you pay for things, this is all very confusing. (not that I want to buy anything, just curious)
    Bitcoin. And there are free VPNs that are fast enough for that sort of thing. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    Spineless politicians whose priority is hanging on to the reins of power, above doing what's right for the people they're employed to represent.  They're not stupid - they know that legalisation is the only way to end the drug problems and associated crime, but they'll never risk implementing any policy that puts their own personal status at risk.  They know that any shift from the blind rejection of reform on drugs policy could be viewed negatively by the tabloid press and therefore large swathes of idiots in the general population (which brings me back to my criticism of the press).

The press are after the money and the politicians are after the power and the rest of us are way down on the list.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    @Emp_Fab yep the politicians know the score. Osborne and his cronies got the book by miss whiplash banned because of his coke indulgence (for legal reasons: apparently) IMO at times he looks as though he hasn't quit yet. Brown sacked Neutral for the results he disclosed. The BBC have figures http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/survey/ A Harley Street consultant for George best is on record as saying he would rather treat a heroin addict than an alcoholic. . . .

I indulge in beer these days but politicians need to quit the bullshit and they even know that we know why they bullshit.

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I wish I had an opinion on this........
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    Given that alcohol and tobacco is legal and freely available, there are no arguments that hold water against legalising cannabis. The only reason anyone would be worried at the prospect of it being illegal, is because the government, over the years, has done a great job of making it out to be the devil.

You can buy a litre of bleach FFS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Legalising it would certainly even out the law side of things as well - bored copper in a small village nicks some kids for an eighth ounce, whereas round near me you'd think it'd been legal for years such is the ambivalence to smoking in public.