Mother's day

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
Just wondering..

Did Oedipus send a totally inappropriate, and possibly slightly disturbing, card?
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited March 2017
    Nothing says Happy Mothers Day like the gift of anti aging face serum like what I got for mine!

Whops!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Having two kids, I have two mothers to worry about, my own, and my kids! I actually really dislike it, as it typically ends up with people disappointed and upset somehow...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    Another Christianity based scam made to make everyone part with loads of money. Valentines, Christmas etc et-fucking-cetera. I have never been involved, in spite of the fact that I love my mother. She hates it too. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I'm currently visiting my mother, aiming to make a quick get away to avoid my siblings.
    MrsTheWeary is at work so the kids are making her posh breakfast at eight tonight. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Im being ignored by the mrs for being in a mood for her almost rolling me out of bed and fucking up my back yet im still in the wrong somehow. 
    speshul91 said:
    Im being ignored by the mrs for being in a mood for her almost rolling me out of bed and fucking up my back yet im still in the wrong somehow. 
    Was it on purpose? Either way, it was in the past. My advice would be to put it behind you and try and enjoy the rest of the day, even if you need to fake it initially! If it doesn't work, you can still be in a mood with her tomorrow ;)
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Apparently she was trying to cover me up, im sat with beer could be worse. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    merlin said:
    Another Christianity based scam made to make everyone part with loads of money. Valentines, Christmas etc et-fucking-cetera. I have never been involved, in spite of the fact that I love my mother. She hates it too. 
    Is it Christianity based?
    merlin said:
    Is it Christianity based?
    Just reading about it. Created by a Christian but so were (reasonably probably) the theory of evolution, the vacuum cleaner, the internal combustion engine,etc, so it isn't a religious festival as such. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    My wife is upset now. Not quite sure why, but think it might be something to do with doing the food on the BBQ, and she thought it was too cold outside so sat inside while we were cooking in the garden complaining that she we bored. I guess the cards, flowers, and home made presents from the kids were not enough!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't need to worry about it thanks to cancer. Yay for us :(
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Mum doesn't like Mothers day, so I can get away with a box of chocolates and fucking off out

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    It is actually a church special service called Mothering Sunday
    but like Fathers day and other commercially blood -sucking crap it has been hijacked by the Yanks,promoted by them and turned into another RETAIL FESTIVAL .................this one is particularly good for restauranteurs and gastro-pub landlords together with vile places like Harvester for the sheepflock
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27586
    Lady BMcH and I took my dear old mum to meet her dear old mum, and they nattered away for hours. Simples.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    but like Fathers day and other commercially blood -sucking crap it has been hijacked by the Yanks,promoted by them and turned into another RETAIL FESTIVAL .................this one is particularly good for restauranteurs and gastro-pub landlords together with vile places like Harvester for the sheepflock
    According to Wikipedia it was invented in the USA, assuming that's right I'm not sure how they hijacked it. The UK adopted it later and put it on a different date, so if anything we hijacked it. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited March 2017
    Dominic said:
    According to Wikipedia it was invented in the USA, assuming that's right I'm not sure how they hijacked it. The UK adopted it later and put it on a different date, so if anything we hijacked it. 
    Hmm I'd have thought Mothering Sunday went back further than that but maybe that's just one of those things that you'd assume were older than they actually are. I think in fairness this might be one of the few Christian things where the concept of it works well for noon Christians as well, but it is actually not just about mothers specifically, it's about mothering which of course anybody could do, woman or man, parent or friend, etc etc.

Unfortunately that does rather lend itself to being buggered up the arse by people that like to get you buying more and more stuff in the name of mothering
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Mothers Day is no more a Christian festival than I am Brad Pitt' s doppelganger

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    my nephew didn't turn up to todays gathering of the clan, so for a change I am not the worst son in the family. I must tell him good work for that.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.