Can we get a sticky giving a list of dealers of second hand guitars like we had on MR?

What's Hot
That was very useful!
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'll second that - great idea.

• I reckon @DrBob and @Jookychap might be worthy of inclusion on it! :D
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Oi ! Watch it sunshine, whilst you're currently in a self imposed gear exile you were previously a fairly prodigious 'flipper' yourself ! ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    For starters;
    Andertons
    CODA
    World Guitars
    Richtone
    Guitar Guitar
    Mansons
    Peach Guitars. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2866
    Soundsgreat music. Mcr.
  • Hartnolls guitar shop (is Jamie on here )?
    Cranes music Cardiff
  • Nor sure why this would be useful to anyone who has access to the internet... 

Unless it was to include feedback on what they're like as dealers of used gear. I.e. Coda Music have great gear, reasonable prices, and are often negotiable (I have no affiliation, other than as a customer). Some other dealers, who shall remain nameless, mentioned in the above posts have rather overpriced used gear IMHO and if you talk to them, they act like you're lucky to have the opportunity to buy their great stuff at a fraction off the new price.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I think it's useful to have a list of 2nd hand dealers, all in one place, for reference. Other people's experiences, are helpful, although we can judge prices and service for ourselves, at the end of the day..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• www.justgreatguitars.com
    www.vintageandrareguitars.com
    www.glennsguitars.com
  • DrBob said:
    Oi ! Watch it sunshine, whilst you're currently in a self imposed gear exile you were previously a fairly prodigious 'flipper' yourself ! ;-)
    Haha, too true - bring on next year and my return-to-form ;)
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    further said:
    Cranes music Cardiff*

*If you want an overpriced instrument
  • welshboyo said:
    further said:
    Cranes music Cardiff*

*If you want an overpriced instrument
    Nice looking shop, but one for the dentists looking for their overpriced Strats.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I think feedback is actually really useful. Perhaps a list on the OP but when people post suggestions leave some feedback. Only used CODA myself and they were great, and i find their S/H prices reasonable. I think Guitar Guitar are a bit overpriced (though they did have a lovely USA G&L for a good price recently)
  • usedtobe said:
    I think it's useful to have a list of 2nd hand dealers, all in one place, for reference. Other people's experiences, are helpful, although we can judge prices and service for ourselves.
    We can only 'judge prices and service for ourselves' if we actually buy something - and if it was from a dealer with rip-off prices and crap service, then it might have been handy to have been warned off them beforehand!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/