Help me decide! Les Paul Classic or P90 model?

ParkerParker Frets: 960
edited December 2013 in Guitar
As you may have seen in the classifieds, i'm in the market for a Les Paul. I have been offered two lovely Les Pauls; one is a 1992 Les Paul Classic in Tobacco Sunburst. The other is a 1995 Standard with factory fitted P90's in Ebony. There is a hairs bredth in the price, so its over to which guitar to choose. I love the look of both. The 60's neck is lovely, but the creamyness of P90's is also sexy. I guess its a question of playability over sound, but both models sit squarly in my 'tollerence'. HELP ME!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'd go for the one with a bit of a wobble to it  ;)
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I like the idea of a Bigsby-loaded Les PAul, but I cannae afford your beauty! :)
  • Go for the best playing - pickups can be switched out to give sounds you're after - though bigger choice / easier with a HB equipped guitar as standard
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I've owned a les paul classic before and it was lovely. Plus the price of them is really on the up these days. I bought and sold mine for around 750 and now on eBay i've seen them go for as much as £1500. Oh, & tobacco sunburst is the sexiest lester colour :P
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    I've never played one Les Paul Classic I liked. I don't know why. The horrid green inlays don't help, though.

Do you prefer Paul Kossoff or Neil Young?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• In 1992 they didn't have green inlays and retailed at a higher price than the standard. Lovely guitars then, before they were moved downmarket.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12649
    P90s every time. 

But that's just me. :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.