Gumtree add made me ROFL

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
edited December 2013 in Guitar
Seriously though, what the fuck is going on here. if the dangles were included I'd have snapped it up by now.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's the 'untapped keys' I'm interested in!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    Here is the response to my question about the"item" -

"The item is in perfect condition, for more details please contact me at kimberleyroger85@gmail.com , Thank you"

Scammers are really stupid, as Ive not got much to do today, I might continue this charade, see where it goes.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    You can bet UKASH will be mentioned at some point.
    Here we go - "She"? is getting her hooks in - 

Hi.Jon,
    I am in Dublin until December 21 to work.
    Guitars is posted my husband in Manchester,and I received it here in gift from my boss.
    I have the item here with me and would like to close the transaction through the PayPoint service (you can find it at the local store near you).I want to sell it because I already have one.The delivery will be next day and you will have the opportunity 
    to try the item at the store or at your address before I receive the money.The transaction will be cash on delivery, let me know if you're interested to use this service.The item will be delivered via RoyalMail.

Thanks!
    Mrs.Kimberley.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    And another! Just clarifying the process to me -  nice and thorough isn't she!

Hi.Jon,
    Here is how the PayPoint transaction works:
    1 you give me your(postal code,full names and full adress)
    2 i will search for a PayPoint shop near you
    3 I will hand over the item to PayPoint, they will start the transaction and send you an invoice, you will buy the paysafecard receipts/vouchers and confirm them with PayPoint
    4 they will deliver the item to the PayPoint store or your house address and you inspect the item.
    5 After you inspect and test the item , you will forward me the paysafecard receipts
    You will not pay to me until you will see and inspect the product,all you have to do is to buy the Paypoint receipt from a PayPoint store and keep them until you will receive and inspect the item .
    After that you can send me the Paypoint receipts or you can have your money back from the store or PayPoint.
    The item will be delivered  directly to you.

Thanks.
    Mrs.Kimberley.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • And another! Just clarifying the process to me -  nice and thorough isn't she!

Hi.Jon,
    3 I will hand over the item to PayPoint, they will start the transaction and send you an invoice, you will buy the paysafecard receipts/vouchers and confirm them with PayPoint
    4 they will deliver the item to the PayPoint store or your house address and you inspect the item.
    5 After you inspect and test the item , you will forward me the paysafecard receipts
    You will not pay to me until you will see and inspect the product,all you have to do is to buy the Paypoint receipt from a PayPoint store and keep them until you will receive and inspect the item .
    After that you can send me the Paypoint receipts or you can have your money back from the store or PayPoint.

Thanks.
    Mrs.Kimberley.
    Ask for delivery to your work which is a police station.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • And another! Just clarifying the process to me -  nice and thorough isn't she!

Hi.Jon,

Thanks.
    Mrs.Kimberley.
    Ask for delivery to your work which is a police station.
    Wisdom everywhere
  • Can I ask a (serious) question? What is PayPoint? Is it actually something that exists and is used for legitimate goods and services or is it something that scam artists use (and I've seen it mentioned before in Internet scams that infect peoples' computers) where they tell you to go and buy a $100 voucher and enter the code to pay them $100... It must be a weird thing that exists somehow that can't be tracked so they can do whatever they want with your dollar and get away with it? I don't know. Would like some clarity! 

Either way... sounds dodgy haha.
  • Lukeage;101676" said:
    Can I ask a (serious) question? What is PayPoint? Is it actually something that exists and is used for legitimate goods and services or is it something that scam artists use (and I've seen it mentioned before in Internet scams that infect peoples' computers) where they tell you to go and buy a $100 voucher and enter the code to pay them $100... It must be a weird thing that exists somehow that can't be tracked so they can do whatever they want with your dollar and get away with it? I don't know. Would like some clarity! 

It's legit - you convert cash into a code for safe transactions. Problem is, not many people fully understand how it works and con artists basically ask for the code (which lets them withdraw the cash) without sending goods, and there is no record of a transaction occurring. Like PayPal gift, but with even less paper trail, iirc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Im pretty sure I use paypoint to pay my council tax not sure about anything else though
    Old Is Gold
  • Lukeage;101676" said:
    Can I ask a (serious) question? What is PayPoint? Is it actually something that exists and is used for legitimate goods and services or is it something that scam artists use (and I've seen it mentioned before in Internet scams that infect peoples' computers) where they tell you to go and buy a $100 voucher and enter the code to pay them $100... It must be a weird thing that exists somehow that can't be tracked so they can do whatever they want with your dollar and get away with it? I don't know. Would like some clarity! 

It's legit - you convert cash into a code for safe transactions. Problem is, not many people fully understand how it works and con artists basically ask for the code (which lets them withdraw the cash) without sending goods, and there is no record of a transaction occurring. Like PayPal gift, but with even less paper trail, iirc.
    Have a Wisdom from me, I was trying to see how the scam worked and now I know.
  • Lukeage;101676" said:

Have a Wisdom from me, I was trying to see how the scam worked and now I know.