Bust A Nut

What's Hot
As it says in the title.

Sadly, I can't complete the pun as it bust on the A string groove not the G...

Since I've never cut a nut before and this is my fave guitar (not one I wish to learn on), can you recommend anyone in the Bristol area to fit a new nut, probably a light dress at the same time?

A hint at cost would be nice too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    edited December 2013
    If its nut work I'd recommend Eltham Jones. Don't let him touch the electrics though.
    Fitted a beautiful stainless steel nut to my strat but made a total pigs ear of the wiring on another of my guitars.
    The contrast between the two jobs was mind boggling.
    He's in Bristol
  • Are Mansons near you? (Exeter)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • and as a quick fix axerus do pre cut nuts, that might help you get by
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks chaps.

Exeter's a bit of a trek from Bristol, so I'll try the local first.
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    Another recommendation for Eltham from me
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    many luthiers just fix them with Superglue mixed with a little baking soda...

But for all you guys that were thinking he squished his bollock -  if you are at the stage in life where you are developing LBS - Long Ball Syndrome - DO NOT wear shorts without well supporting jockey's!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Thanks chaps.

Exeter's a bit of a trek from Bristol, so I'll try the local first.
    give Simon a call at Brook guitars down near Okehampton.      He does repair work as well as the obvious............. he's a mate - tell him I sent you..........   you'll get a superb job

Failing that surely Mansons have an on-site tech ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • 57Deluxe said:
    many luthiers just fix them with Superglue mixed with a little baking soda...

This method works, I've done it on two guitars and it never had another problem.