Gigs in Glasgow

failed_astronautfailed_astronaut Frets: 216
edited February 2016 in Live
Like the "Gigs in Edinburgh" thread but different.

I'll start - 

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    Just to return the (slight) hijack of my thread :-P - my band Kurtz now has a gig in Glasgow.

Nice 'n' Sleazy's, Sunday April 24th - it's a multi-band evening organised by one of the chaps in the shop and his band, half a dozen bands on from some time after 6pm to around midnight. We'll be on either first or second I think (because we're all over 40 and need our beds by about 9 ;) ), I'll confirm the other bands and times once I know. The rest of the bands will be mostly Glasgow originals bands and one from down south I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Might fancy the trek north for that.
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    I might pop along
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    http://i.imgur.com/0FUOg96.jpg

Doors open 6pm, £6 on the door.

Things should start pretty sharp, we (Kurtz) are on second.

Thanks to Calum from Blue Nova for putting this all together!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• camfcamf Frets: 1190
    edited March 2016
    Glasgow? Is that still a thing? :D

I'm playing tuts again on May 21st...here's the gig page

and the ticket page

Hope to see you there.

rough guide to what I do

• Gents, we're back at The Ferry on Saturday to support Vertigo, a U2 tribute from South Shields. They seem like good blokes, they're really cool about gear sharing and their guitarist goes by the moniker "The Hedge" so I don't think they're taking it too seriously!

So, Saturday night, The Police followed by U2. If you can make it we've got tickets.

Cheers,
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • My band, Control of the going are coming up from Manchester to play some psych rock at Nice'n'sleazy on October 29th. We're stopping off the night before to play in Carlisle too, which has been organised by the wonderful @Deijavoo ;
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15924
    edited October 2016

Gents, we're back at The Ferry on Saturday to support Vertigo, a U2 tribute from South Shields. They seem like good blokes, they're really cool about gear sharing and their guitarist goes by the moniker "The Hedge" so I don't think they're taking it too seriously!

So, Saturday night, The Polis  followed by U twaw If you can make it we've got tickets.

Cheers,

sorted
    tae be or not tae be
  • hootsmon said:

Gents, we're back at The Ferry on Saturday to support Vertigo, a U2 tribute from South Shields. They seem like good blokes, they're really cool about gear sharing and their guitarist goes by the moniker "The Hedge" so I don't think they're taking it too seriously!

So, Saturday night, The Polis  followed by U twaw If you can make it we've got tickets.

Cheers,

sorted
    I'd love this but the other Police tribute band in Scotland are called the Polis so this might cause some confusion!

• If anyone is still following this thread, my Police tribute band are playing at the Hard Rock Cafe in Glasgow next Friday. We're playing 2 full sets of Police classics and hits from Sting's solo career*

Tickets can be bought in advance from Ticket Scotland - 

http://tickets-scotland.com/events.html?event_method=viewevent&event_id=c45c0668-05df-11e8-9211-22000b754a1f

Ee Yo!

*not including his recent collaboration with Shaggy, sorry!