Owner review a bit odd (or is it just me?)

What's Hot
gilbygilby Frets: 176
Joy of being unemployed is loads of time to research GAS potentials. Quite fancy a new acoustic with gibson scale length and am tempted with this little number for not much money. However, I found the last line of the user review (bottom left) a little, well, disturbing

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEL00
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Thats the yanks for ya
    Old Is Gold
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    That's getting on a bit in some states

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    more than a little - but if the review was written by a 14 year old then it's a tiny bit better.... At least it suggests that the reviews are genuine and not written by zzsounds staff (or not the kind of staff you hope they employ)
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    What kind of wood is it made from? Yewtree?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're looking at this, have a look at the Loar LH-200. Very similar idea but more nicely executed imo. Many reviews of the Epi say that it's half-decent after upgrading the nut and saddle to bone, but the Loar comes like that anyway. You're not likely to see one in a shop unfortunately (I got mine for £200 from Thomann).
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Cheers thermionic. I'll have a look at that. I think that epiphone/gibson are loosing a lot a retail outlets. I've recently moved to the east coast of Essex and despite having a number of guitar shops a shortish drive away, they all seem to have dropped epi'.
    The idea of buying blind has never appealed but may chance it on this sort of budget.