Would Rocksmith be a good idea for a 9 year old beginner?

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I've wondered a similar question as I bought my now 5 year old daughter a pink strat when she was 3 (at her request I might add) and it has pretty much just been used as a toy since. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    I loaned her my old Epi LP, and a little Orange 9v amp, and taught her smoke on the water last week. Of course she is a grand master at Minecraft, so I thought maybe making it more gamey might help, as well as the fact I have no teaching skills
  • MistergMisterg Frets: 293
    Difficult question....

I have got it, and my immediate reaction on seeing the question was "no", however...

What do you want her to get out of it? If it is exclusively for her to learn guitar, then I would stick with no. Despite their publicity, my personal opinion as that it isn't a great way to try and learn guitar.

RS2014 does lead people along the learning curve much better than the original, though, and the point scoring thing has been pushed into the background (which is a good thing IMHO), but the 'lessons' are still perfunctory.

If it is for guitar related gaming, with the hope that some of the skills will rub off, then why not?