The 2016 East Anglia Gassing Festy >> Aug 6th

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33778
    Looking forward to it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17552
    tFB Trader
    I'll be there until 6 30ish as I've got a gig.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Sorry I can't be there. @TTony I've just made my annual £20 "Friend of the Forum" contribution on PayPal. If forum finances are reasonably non-shaky, maybe this could contribute to everyone's enjoyment of tomorrow's event . . .
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    Thanks @bigjon ;

@mike_l will plug in a dirt pedal in your honour ...
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    edited August 2016
    Hi fella's

I'm the guy that's booked the hall for this event. Here's some info that may help prepare and plan for the day:

Here is the postcode for sat nav: IP6 9SZ

Here is a link with some pics of the hall and inside facilities (so you know what to look for from the road) : http://crowfield.onesuffolk.net/village-hall/

There's loads of easy parking available.

There is no bar and it's not licensed but we're fine to drink in there so I would suggest everyone bring whatever beer,cider, etc or whatever you would like to drink with you and maybe one or two extra for sharing. I will try to make sure there are tea and coffee making facilities there for everyone :-)

For food there is within a 2 village radius, Indian, Chinese, Fish and chips etc and the hall has tables and chairs already there so we can decide collectively/individually what we wish to do for food on the day.

The last East Anglian meet up event a few years back (in the Magpie pub) was very informal and organic and it worked well so i figure we'll stick to a similar format.

As for the music and gear stuff, as i understand, (from this thread) some people are able to provide drums and a pa etc which is great. The hall has a main stage which will be a great place to set up that stuff for playing music.

There's also plenty of room around the hall so I kind of envisaged that everyone could set up their own little rigs around the edges of the hall to show off and demo, and it will allow everyone the chance to chat and share how they use their set up etc. It'll also be a great chance to demo some gear that we perhaps haven't tried before as well as share hints and tips etc.

Please don't be shy or put off if you feel you're not a great player or are not used to playing in front of people. I am not a great player but I still love to chat and play guitars anyway. It's not about showing off, but about enjoying where we're all at together. I'm looking forward to learning from and quizzing some more advanced players :-)

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to list here things that you are keen to see demo'd so that those who are coming may be able to bring such items along if they own them. 

I will be bringing My Laney VC15 amp, line 6 Helix and a couple of guitars. I'd love to see the Fractal FX8 and a Roland blues cube if anyone has either of those.

Actually I just love gear and I'm looking forward to see what everyone uses, however fancy or simple. The only rule is that Gear snobbery can be left at the front door! IMHO all gear is great fun, and generally usable whatever your budget.

The event starts at 4pm but the doors should be open from 3:30pm so come any time from then. No pressure to stay any length of time, just come along for as long as you want/can. (Must finished by 10pm though noise wise.)

It might be a good idea for those that have them to bring along some spare extension cables/4 way plugs.

Thanks fellas, see ya tomorrow, 

Handsomerik  (that's Rik by the way and not Erik!)  ;-)

I'm hoping fretboard name badges will be provided as at the birmingham guitar show!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • excellent see you there 
    edited August 2016
    @handsomerik ;do I need to bring a carpet to put the
    I have one I can bring but if there is carpet there then no need.
    as far as i'm aware there is no carpet. At least there wasn't last time I was in the a few weeks back.
    Ok, I'll bring one.
    Cheers.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited August 2016
    TTony said:
    Thanks @bigjon ;;;

@mike_l will plug in a dirt pedal in your honour ...
    D
    Mike would, but he's got a fucked shoulder (torn tendon according to the doc) so can't be in attendance. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Oh nooooooo. I was looking forward to seeing all your dirt pedals in a line. Get well soon. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    mike_l said:
    Mike would, but he's got a fucked shoulder (torn tendon according to the doc)
    Caused by lifting a large box of pedals???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    mike_l said:
    Mike would, but he's got a fucked shoulder (torn tendon according to the doc)
    Caused by lifting a large box of pedals???
    Caused by lifting drums off a Volvo coach..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Oh nooooooo. I was looking forward to seeing all your dirt pedals in a line. Get well soon. 
    Cheers Rik.
    Hopefully I'll get to the next meet.

• TroyTroy Frets: 224
    For all the ones going, have safe journeys and I'll see you there this afternoon.
    edited August 2016
    Ok, I'm all packed up and heading off in a bit.

I don't have enough room for the FX8 or a guitar and have quite enough to carry.
    It is going to be a hot one so definitely shorts weather I think. :)

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Mike.
    @octatonic cheers, gutted about the meet up, was really looking forward to it.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4907
    East Angular?  That's abroad, innit??

Only joking - have a grand day, chaps, and say Hi to Phil for me please...
  • Hope all goes well, fingers crossed i will be able to attend the next one :)
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    Missed it, kipping all day with migraine, hope yr all having a good session.