Reiver Guitars. Finished work and build progress.

What's Hot
skelfskelf Frets: 209
edited September 2016 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
A new venture from AC Guitars.
 I have been building basses for the last 10+ years and am reasonably  well known in that field. Less well known is that I have also built guitars and started out as a guitar builder before concentrating on the basses. So back full circle with a couple of new guitar designs in the works which will be launched under the Reiver Guitars name because AC Guitars is associated with the basses.

So early days and still working on the first batch of both designs. Website under construction as well but no where near ready.

So a few pics to cover what has been going on over the last few months.
Questions? fire away.

The first batch of bodies.

Well as soon as I get the picture to show.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skelfskelf Frets: 209
    tFB Trader

Think I have it now. Anyway the first batch of bodies under way.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2016 tFB Trader

The first batch of necks for the headless model.

Pickup route for a 7 string. As you can see I will be using my own custom wound pickups.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can't seem to get my head round the picture posting process. Sorry for the less than stellar start to this thread.

Just going for a link until I get this to work which seems to be a bit hit or miss for me at the moment. No doubt user error.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8314/29272271142_ede27933af_b.jpg
  • Welcome,  some beautiful looking instruments there. I love the very dark wood cap for the 7 string. 
  • skelf said:
    Pickup route for a 7 string. As you can see I will be using my own custom wound pickups.

I'm sure your pickups are great, but I'd personally make sure your bodies will accommodate 'normal' pickups too. Speaking for myself I'd never buy a guitar where you can't change the pickups out easily, having had experience of 2 or 3 boutique instruments where I disliked the pickups but couldn't do anything about them. All those instruments ended up being sold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Welcome to the forum, I'm loving the look of the headless model. Any chance of a shot of just one of these front on so as we can get a feel for the body shape ?
    tFB Trader
    skelf said:

I'm sure your pickups are great, but I'd personally make sure your bodies will accommodate 'normal' pickups too. Speaking for myself I'd never buy a guitar where you can't change the pickups out easily, having had experience of 2 or 3 boutique instruments where I disliked the pickups but couldn't do anything about them. All those instruments ended up being sold.
    The route will allow a standard humbucker to be fitted if required.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

DrBob said:
    Welcome to the forum, I'm loving the look of the headless model. Any chance of a shot of just one of these front on so as we can get a feel for the body shape ?
    Hi
    Not just yet until I have them finished and the website up and running, hopefully won't be to long.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Welcome to the forum. 

Any chance of posting up some pictures of your basses as well?
    tFB Trader
    Sure but I will put them in another thread to keep this one focused on the guitars.
  • Nice
  • skelf said:
    Sure but I will put them in another thread to keep this one focused on the guitars.
    Thanks for the info and the reply. 

Look forward to seeing the guitars progress. 
    tFB Trader

It has been a funny summer in so much as it has gone by and I barely noticed. Been busy with customer orders, building the two new guitar models and getting stock ready for the Holy Grail Guitar Show in Berlin. So very few days of only 4 games of cricket played out of 18 so I just noticed summer has gone and being in Scotland the window was small and I missed it and feel some what cheated. So I had a day off yesterday weather was crap so what did I do I processed wood for future builds. Now I can see looking from the outside that is not a day of but from my perspective it was. Been working so hard at finishing instruments lately which takes a lot of focus and concentration the comparatively simple job of working with boards of wood was actually a day off.

So batch of guitar necks were done and some bass necks glued up some finger boards cut to size and a pile of Swamp Ash boards machined closer to useable sizes. A bit of tiding up and reorganising the wood store made the rest of my day off.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8485/29492920682_7fdcea914e_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8164/29492920512_9a35fc4fbd_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8382/29312488460_fd6738c011_b.jpg

• WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    so whats going  on there, dyed laminates?