A genuine capo innovation from G7th....

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    That's a relief. I was thinking I might need an ART implant in my index finger.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Sassafras said:
    That's a relief. I was thinking I might need an ART implant in my index finger.
    You'd imagine Kim Kardashian would be going for it, if she played....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Lewy said:
    TimmyO said:
    Is this like an acoustic player's version of a new booteek overdrive?

"The Klon of capos" (r) 
    I'd put it more akin to something like a set of Waverly tuners - about the same price, cheaper things would be perfectly adequate, but they are a nice appointment that enhances the user experience and pleasure of ownership.
    Or put more simply "yes" :-) 

I've owned a Klon - I get it 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    richardhomer said:

You'd imagine Kim Kardashian would be going for it, if she played....
    I doubt she can afford it now.

Or possibly even a G7 capo...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• SporkySporky Frets: 27590
    Lewy said:

Behind the rubber is a silicon gel insert which enables the rubber to contour more accurately to the radius of the fret. 

Ah! Gotcha, thanks. I don't have a bookface account so hadn't found that bit. Much obliged.

It's a chunk of money, but if it works that well it doesn't seem particularly unreasonable for someone who makes a lot of use of capos.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11415
    I'd be more interested if they put this onto the normal G7th capo.

I didn't realise until I looked at their website in response to the OP that they brought out an updated version of their normal capo a couple of years ago.  I'll wait until I lose or break my current ones though.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4127
    crunchman said:
    I'd be more interested if they put this onto the normal G7th capo.

I didn't realise until I looked at their website in response to the OP that they brought out an updated version of their normal capo a couple of years ago.  I'll wait until I lose or break my current ones though.
    I'm sure they will.

I had one of the updated Performance2 capos. Lovely capo.... much lighter and less obtrusive that the Performance 1. But had to send it back because it just didn't work well with the compound radii on my main acoustics. You had to squeeze it way too hard to get firm contact across all the strings, hence my keenness on this one. 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762

Capo di tutti capi........

Too expensive

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Isn't this just a Paige Capo with a bit of silicone stuck to it? 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4127
    edited October 2016
    Isn't this just a Paige Capo with a bit of silicone stuck to it? 
    In the same way that a custom shop strat is just a squier made of better stuff and with more care and attention, yes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    ^ That really demonstrates a master using a subtle technique of treating a flaw as an asset.

By putting the capo too far from the fret by a specific distance, the strings go slightly sharp - but then by deliberately using the friction under the capo, which can be a problem when you bend strings because they can end up flat, he can pull them into tune.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I really don't see the point, it doesn't take long to retune slightly when you put the capo on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2217
    TimmyO said:
    Also there is the other consideration:

I own 2 Shubbs, one G7th Nashville, and one elastic cheapo Capo - I can never find any of them 
    I keep a capo in the acoustic and archtop case because they are the main guitars I use a capo on. I also keep a capo in the ahem 'music room'. I do the same with plectrums.
  • It's not a capo innovation, Elliott Capo's were the first to make one like that. 

https://elliottcapo.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=26

Shubb also have one, which is $75
    Yeah, but the Elliot doesn't have the cutting edge Adaptive Radius Technology.
    Who'd have thought the humble capo could provoke so much discussion?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9449
    This one is based on the Elliot it seems, and I own one of the Schubb Fine Tune, and have about 612 other capos...

The Fine Tune is absolutely fantastic. Cost about £79 and it worth every penny. Ive been meaning to write a review for ever...
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Isn't this as much about G7th realising post-Elliott that there is a market for £130 capos? The technology is the interesting bit here.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    @Lewy - what are your thoughts on the G7 Heritage after 18 months ownership? 

My trusty old Dunlop is failing (rubber lining coming loose). It's the only capo I've ever had, so not sure what I might be missing. 

Would you buy the G7 again?