MJW Electra Twin

In terms of being satisfied with this amp I couldnt be more so - its great - tone, build quality and looks are all superb - looks brilliant on matching cab - have a fender hot rod deville 2 x 12 combo which I used for years before this in a band and the Electra is way way better - had occasion to use the deville recently due to service and just did not enjoy playing the gig as a consequence - would encourage all to take a look at MJW amps - have included a link to a picture of mine on their site :  http://www.mjwamps.com/twin/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Thanks for the review! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wish there was a way of trying all the MJW amp models, maybe at The Brum guitar show next year?
    tFB Trader
    Wish there was a way of trying all the MJW amp models, maybe at The Brum guitar show next year?

No, unfortunately not. I don't keep demo stock, and doing a large show like that wouldn't make financial sense to me. All I can offer are the videos on my YouTube channel, sorry.
  • martinw said:
    Wish there was a way of trying all the MJW amp models, maybe at The Brum guitar show next year?

No, unfortunately not. I don't keep demo stock, and doing a large show like that wouldn't make financial sense to me. All I can offer are the videos on my YouTube channel, sorry.
    How about happy customers bringing their amps to demo for us prospective happy customers?
    tFB Trader
    martinw said:

How about happy customers bringing their amps to demo for us prospective happy customers?

I'm not quite sure what you mean? At the Brum show? Again, that doesn't make financial sense, as by the time I've paid out for the stand and all the other expenses, it would triple or quadruple my marketing budget (currently basically just my website) for a gain (however large or small) that I just don't need. Without wishing to sound dismissive or ungrateful, I already have a 6 month waiting list, so unfortunately for those who find it impossible to commit to an MJW without trying one, I'm happy that they will move to other amp brands or builders, as I can only cope with so much work.

That also assumes that happy customers would be willing to travel to the venue with their amps, and I'm not sure I would want to prevail on them to do that.

On the other hand, what you're suggesting already happens to some extent, less formally. I already know of a couple of examples of MJW owners taking their amps to rehearsal rooms for others to try, and I'm sure others would do the same if asked (although I don't think it would be my place to do the asking!) I have also offered on occasion to pay for rooms/bring beer/bring what amps I have to such meet ups and will be happy to do so again if it arises.

Thanks for the input, and I do keep all this kind of stuff under review. :)