Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    It changes every day, but The Twilight Sad - "Cold Days In The Birdhouse" usually. Sublime.

What a track - genuinely think it's the closest to perfection that it's possible to get @BintyTwanger77
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moss said:

It changes every day, but The Twilight Sad - "Cold Days In The Birdhouse" usually. Sublime.

What a track - genuinely think it's the closest to perfection that it's possible to get @BintyTwanger77

It really is, when the guitars really kick in....goosebumps every time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi. =)

I have joined up here as one of my readers put me on to theFretBoard.
    I am a Collector/Player but mainly of basses - having said that I have many different guitars, so I hope to join in! =)

I run a blog on my collection, which has been a bit slow recently - it's finding the time!
    That said, I am hoping to add a lot more to it, next year.

http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.co.uk/

So, Hi to all. :)
  • Had to laugh!! Still very much the new boy on here. . . . . typed up a post that it vanished.
    Typed another. . . . . little window popped up "will be posted when approved!!
    Sorreee!!
    LOL!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    been a member on here for quite awhile  ( bored at work currently) so thought I'd fill this thingy out

Q1:  Where did you username come from?    I like grunge and my names Bob, i shortened it from my youtube channel name of grungebob square pants

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Im from Grimsby on that there east coast

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? when I was younger ( im currently about to turn 39) It was to tour in my band and make enough money to keep touring ( aka real work avoidance), now though id settle on being a better player and actually finishing the recordings of all my demos.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? this changes daily between my PRS S2 standard 24 and my McCarty/Custom 22

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  I honestly couldnt pick one, gun to my head maybe "drain you" by nirvana or maybe "bullets with butterfly wings" smashing pumkins  or "debaser" the pixies ah...I just cant pick one. 

• Hey. I've been a lurker, very occasional poster and a buyer/seller on here for a while, thought I should introduce myself, so Hello...

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Hate choosing usernames & it was the first thing that popped into my head (science nerd). Since I tend to play but not listen to heavy music it seemed apt.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Wales, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

After 30 years? To learn my scales.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Eventide H9, a  real swiss army knife tool that just seems to keep getting better. Fave feature being the EQ/Compressor algo.

Pffwewww...difficut... in the extreme. Anything by XTC so choosing at random... Poor Skeleton Steps Out
  • J_MacJ_Mac Frets: 17

Shortened name: James McCue

Near Middlesbrough, NE UK

Writing songs \m/

Opeth - Reverie/Harlequin Forest. 

Dang it, this is a tricky forum to use!  Sorry for the treble post!  These are the pics for Q4.  I posted by accident and can't see the edit button.  First post and I've made a hash of it already  :#  sorry admins!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Have your first wow mate.  What is that??
  • Hi, I was a bit hesitant about joining but I have decided to join the forum as I want to start playing the electric guitar again after many years, and have a long, frustrated, love hate relationship with it from my teens, learning to shred. Every one else was so much better and talented than me it seemed, but I think so much of how we play or don't play, reflects whats going on inside, maybe its a window to our soul. 

I am almost 50 now and life has twisted and turned, with many ups and downs but music always holds a special place in my heart. Music is so powerful and spiritual, and has the capacity to lift us up or bring us down. I am in to my HiFi as well since my early twenties. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It's from the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Silmarilion. I first read it when I was 16 and overawed by the epic tale that J.R.R. Tolkien wrote. I was drawn to the story of the elves who were immortal and mankind who's days were short. The Eldar Vanyar were the first born and highest of the elves, known as the light elves, fair with white hair who had lived in Valinor.  

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? UK  London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to connect with my instrument and enjoy playing the guitar again. So I am going to be intentional and learn and practice every day. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Just bought a Yamaha Revstar RS820CR in Steel Rust and I absolutely love it and am really impressed with the build quality.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? This is really, really hard and probably impossible as the songs often refer to chapters or events in my life and so they often change. I really love some of Hans Zimmer's Soundtracks, BUT, I'll go with Mr Blue Sky by ELO for now as it is such a feel good song. 

I look forward to joining in when I can. 

'Less is more' or is it 'more is less?'

• Hi everybody I'm Lucio from Italy

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Electric Swan is my band from 2008  www.electricswan.it
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Piacenza, Italy,near Milan
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Obviously to live with my music
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Only a couple of John Cruz strats
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Voodoo Child
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Username : My real name is Steve but there was another Steve on the Internet so I made mine unique
     Where :- Alfreton; its in England - on the border between Nottinghamshitre and Derbyshire
    Musical ambition : None. Just having a little fun. I have no intention of ever performing, it just doesn't interest me.
    B
    est gear  : I guess my Martin acoustic guitar. Mainly used for occasional Bluegrass jams or singing grandkids to sleep..
    #1 ever track :  Jeez!  I've lived a long time....! Today I'll choose Hendrix, Little Wing. Tomorrow it will be different!

• PennPenn Frets: 618

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? South Wales UK 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To actually play ok

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Orange Micro Terror just because it's tiny and has a valve.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Too many

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Only a couple of John Cruz strats
    That's a lol, chap! :)
  • TTony said:

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

Hi, 

I'm Matthew Short from Davenport, IA (USA)

30 years old, Been playing for 18 years now. Hard Rock guy 80s guitar George Lynch

Favorite track... It varries but right now its All Night Long by Rainbow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader

Q1:  Where did you username come from? company name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West Midlands (Wolverhampton)

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Just enjoy playing live once in a blue moon.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Don't know about best, my collection got stolen a couple of years ago and have slowly rebuilt it - love my black top les paul copy.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Slave, Silverchair.

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • Hi Everyone.

My name is Paul. Just joined up after browsing a lot of the posts on the site. Not really a technical guitarist – just love some of the amazing sounds that be wrung out of those 6 lengths of steel!

Q1: Username – At university I formed a band called The Men From Barnsley Council….. an homage to Jim Bowen who we   mistakenly thought came from Barnsley!

Q2: Where – Suffolk, UK

Q3: Ambition – To go back in a time machine and tell my younger self to practice a bit more, so I can be that Rock God!

Q4: Gear – Fender Flame in cherry sunburst. Not many around these days. Bought it new in 1985 – a departure from Fender’s usual body shapes!

Q5: Track – Cardiacs - Is This the Life? A majestic anthem of a song – Tim, get well soon!

Take it easy dudes!

• Q1: Where did you username come from? From a drink 

Q2: Where in the world / country are you? Uk

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? None, really

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? A Seagull Mini jumbo all solid woods

Q5: Your # 1 ever track - again, just the one? I have a lots, sorry.

Regards !
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? Well. I live on the Isle of Wight and I like jesters.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? The Isle of Wight. But I'm from London

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To never stop improving and to always enjoy playing.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Hmmmm. I've just got a Washburn PXL10. Very happy with that. 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom