Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• TTony said:

Q1: Where did you username come from?  I played in a band called the Fretwankers.......given the name of the forum it seemed to work!!

Q2: Where in the world / country are you? I grew up in South London but moved to leafy Lingfield in Surrey 20 years ago.

Q3: What's your main musical ambition? Play more, learn more

Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - 1970's Les Paul Custom.

Q5: Your # 1 ever track - An impossible question but probably..........Six Blade Knife, Knopfler's a clever fella!

[edit]
    ChristophEar has created a Spotify playlist of all the #1 tracks
    Everyone's #1 tracks.

And I just "stickied" this for as long as we've got lots of new rejoiners arriving!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

Long story short, it comes from an island with anche addetti lettera at the end, this way in italian it sounds like "inhabitant of molokai"

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

I'm in Italy.  

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

I've come to kinda hate playing music after playing with my band jordaan seriously. I'm trying to get back to the guitar. Anyways I love weird sounds, ambient playing and Drones. slow tempo. Many times people have asked why I just dont play keyboards! HA! -_-

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

Hiwatt custom dr103 from 1971 into a custom oversized mesa 4x12 with 2 evm12l close di back andi 2 c90s 

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Radiohead - you're all I Need  (basement version)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? First initial, last name.  Hugely imaginative, isn't it?

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Clayton, North Carolina, USA 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? I'd be thrilled to suck only half as bad as I do now.  This is the way you feel when you didn't start playing until age 53, and are teaching yourself.  That pairs a bad student with a poor teacher, yielding predictable results.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Gretsch 5120.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - "Please Please Me" by the Beatles.

• VoroninVoronin Frets: 0
    edited November 2016
    1. HI. My name is Alexandr Voronin. I'm russian luthier, I making a guitars about 6 years.
    2.Was born in Ukraine. Now I'm living in Spain.
    3.To be best guitar builder 
    4.Selfmade guitar
    5.Shout 2000

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • id: benjwri

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My real name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Central Ontario Canada

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Learn to playbthe guitar

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Grersch 5655 DuoJet

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Sultans of Swing

• benjwribenjwri Frets: 0
    edited November 2016
    id: benjwri

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My real name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Central Ontario Canada

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Learn to play the guitar

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Grersch 5655 DuoJet

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Sultans of Swing

• Q1: Where did you username come from? nickname Q2: Where in the world/country are you? London, UK Q3: What's your main musical ambition? To get better and always enjoy Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 2001 Gibson Les Paul Custom Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Where the streets have no name
  • Hello All,

I'm Ad from West London

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name is Ad. I was in the Jetsonics
    Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? West London
    Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To do a whole gig without thinking once 'How does this bit go?'
    Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - Tech 21 Sansamp BDDI - backline in a box
    Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Blimey. Err...New Dawn Fades - Joy Division

I'm a bass player primarily but have been known to wield a 6 string in bands in the past and I do enjoy playing something, albeit in a very rustic style, that sounds nice on its own.

I own an ESP Hybrid 300, a no name dreadnought that I can't remember how I acquired and an old Korean Squier Strat with lots of mods that looks like it's been in a war and lost.  The Squier is the only thing I can write songs on for some reason.

Bass wise. A Warwick Star Bass, Am Std Precision and an Eastwood Stormbird. TC Electronic and Mark Bass amps.

Looking forward to getting a perspective about stuff from the other side of the stage.
  • Hey all, my name is Steve and i'm a guitarist and new to this forum.

Q1:Very boring using my name.
    Q2:From Dundee Scotland.
    Q3:To always enjoy playing guitar and hopefully get better at it!
    Q4:My Reiver Kompakt 6.
    Q5:A night to remember Andy Timmons.

Cheers
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

Hello all...

I am Rabs from London...  I am a luthier (fairly new) and my company is called RabsWood Guitars.... (check me out on Facebook and Youtube)....  Ive been looking for another cool guitar forum (im on the Gibson forum lots) and am looking forward to seeing whats on here.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Old school nick name that stuck
     Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? East London
     Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be able to play and sound like I do in my head (which im still trying to do)
     Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
     Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Ohh man, theres no such thing, too many....  but pretty much anything by Hendrix, Zeppelin or Floyd

• docbakerdocbaker Frets: 30
    edited December 2016

I'm David from Nottingham. I have had no musical experience since school 40 years ago, when I played around wth a double bass.

I picked up my first guitar, a black Fender strat, in August this year. It did not seem worth starting with anything less, as I am determined to learn to play.  I have been tutored since then.

Q1:  username? docbaker comes from my PhD in satellite positioning systems, which I am involved in for just 2 days a week now, my main outside interests are wine, which I know a bit about, and learning to play the electric guitar.

Q2:  where? I am in Nottingham?

Q3:  aim? I am on the way to playing through 'wish you were here'

Q4:  best kit? I confess to having bought a second guitar, a Gibson standard traditional in translucent amber, this seems to complement the character of the strat, and I like the richness of sound from it.

Q5: #1 track? wish you were here.

-site:amazon.co.uk -site:ebay.co.uk... ditto for .com, the most powerful internet search filters
  • Hi to all, instantly liking this forum bcos instead of having an introductory thread where people only say "hi", there's these really pertinent questions, so hats off. Here goes:

1) Woody Guthrie wrote a poem called The Ballad of East Texas Red, about a railroad bull who gets his come uppance after he pisses off two unemployed travellers. Arlo Guthrie put it to music for the Smithsonian Folkways collection dedicated to Woody and Leadbelly 'A Vision Shared'.
    2) I'm in La Alpujarra, Granada, Spain. It's a great place with one big drawback: I can't find anyone here to play country with.
    3) If I could have a four-piece with drums, guitar, bass and fiddle and we could play festivals without massive egotistical expectations I'd be happy as Larry.
    4. I had a Gibson 2015 J45 Custom but I ... um ... got into a bit of trouble and had to sell it. At the moment I've got one playable acoustic, an Epiphone J15 with a GHS soundhole mic from StewMac. It's a good guitar, and I've beenplaying it so long I couldn't ever let it go (it's not worth diddly anyway), BUT ... I've been reading rave reviews of the Epiphone AJ45 Masterbilt and that's gonna be my next guitar.
    5) It's the one question that rolls around in your head over and over, especially when you hear something new (anyone rocked themselves awake for hours to Nathaniel Rateliff's S.O.B.?) and you start thinking "could that one be it?" I've had an argument with myself for years and years about whether it's The Ballad of East Texas Red (surprise surprise) or Big River by Johnny Cash. It has to be Woody, it just has to be. He's my only true hero.
  • Afternoon all (or morning/evening dependant on where you are in the world)

I had been lurking for a good while on the forum, mainly drooling over gear I couldn't afford (these forums so nothing for GAS), I joined up and have recently sold my first item to a forum member, A Fender Super Sonic 60w. So i'll no doubt be parting with the money I got from the sale to another forum member soon ;) 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Its my initials followed by one of my latest guitar purchases - a Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Hampshire, UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play a gig and have the crowd sing my own song back to me.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Probably my Gibson SG Deluxe 2013 in Lime Burst, I love the colour (although appreciate it that its very marmite) and the ability to blend in the middle hum bucker.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Track wise would be On The Rise - Lonely Dakota as it was my first ever experience having a track I helped write professional recorded at a studio, plus my vocals down sound too bad. 

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I've a large anchor tattoo to remind me of my faith in God, nautical adventures and family .. am also a HUGE Anchorman film fan!

Belfast, Northern Ireland

Keep enjoying it!

My best bit of gear has to be my Avalon Americana Slope-shouldered Dred acoustic

It is well - Kristine DeMarco / Bethel Music

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited December 2016

Hi, there, been lurking on and off on this forum for sometime and decided it is time to join up. Like the fact the forum is UK based (less of the God and guns ) and there seems to be good humour.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A neon meate dream....

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Essex, UK.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To carry on gigging and writing, maybe even make a little money one day!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Probably got to be my MIJ 58 Strat.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Always changing, but at the moment... Future Days - Can

• xDottorexDottore Frets: 274
    Q1:  Where did you username come from?
              Big fan of Valentino Rossi--nickname "The Doctor"--and his racing number is 46, which is my flat number. An Austrian lady once called me "Herr Doktor", when I qualified. I like Italy. Oh, and I recall that the really cool head gladiator in "Spartacus" (recent TV version) was also called Dottore. I am about .0001% as cool as him, but it'll do. So, all in all, "Dottore" seemed good.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
              London. Bang in the very middle.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
            Currently, to get better at playing soukous and rumba. I'm learning from a really lovely Congolese guy. Beautiful music.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
              If I had to grab just one item in an emergency it would be my recently acquired but much loved Fender Albert Collins RI Telecaster

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
              Rock 'n' Roll Doctor, from Little Feat's "Feats Don't Fail Me Now", the first album of theirs I had. I can still remember the rush of hearing Lowell George's slide for the first time. 

You need an idea of what you are going to do, but it should be a vague idea.

My feedback page: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91654/
  • PSRPSR Frets: 1
    edited December 2016

I play guitar and mandolin (badly) but am more in PA mixing and recording.

Initials

Derbyshire

Not sure I have one

My MacBook pro

John Hardy - Peter Price's version

PSR

I just call it as I see it.
  • Greetings from not-so-sunny Glasgow. Been a frequent visitor to the forum for a little while so thought I should formally sign up and get acquainted.

Anyway, here goes regarding the introduction questions.

Its a bit geeky but I am a spatial epidemiologist primarily working on a disease by the delightful name of leptospirosis. Its kind of become my life hence the 'Lepto' part - The 'bass' part should be pretty obvious.

Central Belt Scotland these days (Glasgow to be specific).

Enjoyment

Ears

Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

Looking forward to settling into the forum.

• Good afternoon all :mrgreen:. After lurking on this forum for a while, I thought it was time to get involved so here goes! 

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Joey is one of my nicknames! 2014 is the year I first visited the forum. Not the most imaginative but easy enough to remember. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland, however I split my time between there and Aberdeen where I study at university.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play more cleanly than right now! :lol: 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My #1 squeeze currently is a 1964 Gibson SG Junior, which has been lovingly played in and sounds great!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? If I could pick only one, it'd have to be Bomber by Motörhead. Thunderous noise!  :o

Cheers :)

Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud!

• greetings, all.
    looks like a nice place to be. hope to get involved in some interesting threads. registered ages ago but have been away from playing and gear for a while. my tuppence...

Q1: Where did you username come from?
    when i registered my first domain (2001 maybe?). needed something unique.
    Q2: Where in the world / country are you?
    Alba, Glasgow
    Q3: What's your main musical ambition?
    own every fuzz pedal...in the whole world. might need a bigger house first.
    Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    EVH Striped (black and yellow) with a rather tasty Floyd
    Q5: Your # 1 ever track - again, just the one?
    A Strange Day - The Cure
    might well be a rain god...or at least a smir semideus
    trading feedback thread