The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26742
    http://thejudge13.com/2013/08/14/daily-f1-news-and-comment-wednesday-14th-august-2013/

The Judge pretty much confirms the Kimi/Ferrari deal. He's very rarely wrong, and alludes to this being the pending announcement he called a couple of weeks ago.

So.. Alonso to stay? Or go to RB or even back to Enstone AGAIN with Lotus? I can't see him wanting to stay at Maranello if Kimi's there. The only way he'd settle for a WC for a teammate is if it was in the undisputed best car, ie The Newey Car, surely?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    It's all very interesting as per usual! I can't see Alonso wanting Kimi fighting with him, so if he does end up at Ferrari, I reckon he'll move to Red Bull. Maybe there'll be some other interesting moves along with it. I reckon Ricciardo will go to Red Bull, though.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I can't see where Alonso would go. A move to Red Bull would be nuts as Sebastian 'Finger' Vettel is firmly ensconced as the number one and Lotus are in serious financial trouble [probably why Kimi jumped ship]. Everything may hinge on Button [there are rumours another major team is about to change its line-up]. If he moves to Ferrari or Red Bull then Alonso could go back to McLaren [unlikely in my opinion as I think they'll struggle next year without 100% support from Mercedes] but who knows.

I think Alonso will stay put for 2014 to see which of the big teams copes best with the new regulations before making a decision.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Yeah, but Alonso with Kimi? I'd pay to see that!

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Kimi can't compete with Alonso.
    My V key is broken
    Kimi is NOT going to Ferrari ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23700586

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    Alonso with Kimi would be hilarious. Can't see anyone other than Ricciardo at Red Bull right now. Vettel needs a submissive teammate. Alonso at RB would be like throwing Paisley and Gerry Adams into a caravan holiday together. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Trouble is, as soon as you read reports that driver X is categorically NOT going to team Y, then you know it's probably going to happen!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    Fretwired said:
    Kimi is NOT going to Ferrari ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23700586
    Uh huh, just like they denied in May that they wanted James Allison. Lo and behold, he starts working there on September 1st. 

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    And that's before we even start talking about how the beeb missed the opening at Porsche for webber in April 2012....
    BBC said:
    "Right now, we're really not giving any thought to the driver-market situation," said a Ferrari spokesman. He added that the team were focused on reviving Fernando Alonso's title push. "That is our priority," he said. "Drivers are not a problem for us even if we were to change Felipe."

They haven't said he's not going to drive for them, just that they aren't looking at the driver market because drivers "aren't a problem". That smacks more of "We've already got 2 signed contracts for next year that we're happy with". My money's still on Kimi being one of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    BBC said:
    "Right now, we're really not giving any thought to the driver-market situation," said a Ferrari spokesman. He added that the team were focused on reviving Fernando Alonso's title push. "That is our priority," he said. "Drivers are not a problem for us even if we were to change Felipe."

They haven't said he's not going to drive for them, just that they aren't looking at the driver market because drivers "aren't a problem". That smacks more of "We've already got 2 signed contracts for next year that we're happy with". My money's still on Kimi being one of them.
    Somehow I think you're right .... :-)

Alonso with Kimi would be hilarious. Can't see anyone other than Ricciardo at Red Bull right now. Vettel needs a submissive teammate. Alonso at RB would be like throwing Paisley and Gerry Adams into a caravan holiday together. 

That's worth a lol ...:-)

edited August 2013
    Actually, they've now agreed to leave them alone as long as Redwell don't start making energy drinks. Great publicity for the little guy though. Will definitely try some next time I'm home :)

EDIT: Google tells me I can get a pint of it in Edinburgh, where I'll be in 3 weeks :)
    I might be great publicity, but I bet the Redwell owner cacked his pants when he first got the letter, eh?

Official: Daniel Ricciardo will be unveiled as Mark Webber's successor at next weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.

So, what's next? Kimi to Ferrari? I wouldn't be at all surprised, I think the chances have increased now the Red Bull option is closed. I can't see him wanting to stay at Lotus, with their (alleged) financial issues.

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Could be like Mansell & Prost again at Ferrari
    Yes, but slightly different, because I can't imagine Kimi would be remotely bothered about who his team-mate is, whilst Alonso would be simmering nicely.