Chris Woods

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
edited December 2016 in Acoustics
Never heard this chap before. I like his tone and playing and love the aged look of that Martin. His website stated it's a Martin 0001X. It looks like an older spec model from 2007, it looks to have a different fingerboard wood compared to the latest spec which is Richlite. It's sounds great.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I thought of this guy when I saw the thread title:

I actually had this Top Trumps card with all the zeros.

While he had zero league appearances he famously filled in for Shilton in the League Cup.

Sorry for derailing your thread!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited December 2016
    Football...? what a bore

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I thought of the goalie as well...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:

While he had zero league appearances he famously filled in for Shilton in the League Cup.
    The bastard. :) 

My dad took me to a Liverpool League Cup match when I was 7, which they won.  He said he'd keep taking me while they were in the cup, so I ended up going to watch Liverpool play in the final at Wembley against Notts Forest.

Chris Woods played well enough to keep it 0-0 and I remember crying outside Wembley when it dawned on me that I wasn't going to the replay on Wednesday.

Have seen The other Chris Woods at guitar shows and he's more entertaining.
  • Thread ruined by a load of fans of 22 hairdressers chasing a bag of wind. Unbelievable.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    If I can just dribble back into the field of play...........

I went on a guitar course last summer.  Really good and they ran different genres.  Chris Woods was the tutor on the acoustic course.  He was a really, really nice bloke and an excellent musician.  He's very creative and I like the way he's taking the instrument into new territories.  Another acoustic guitarist that was there, and who Chris Woods plays with from time to time, was Will McNicol.  Also really good and worth checking out if you get the chance.