Cheap Digital Pianos

What's Hot
Hi,

I have a Casio CTK-3000 61-key Keyboard that I got 5 years ago, and wanted to know if there were any good Digital Pianos that would be substantially better for less than £250.

The Casio has Semi-Weighted keys and a decent Touch Response.

Mostly I want 88 better playing Keys and good USB MIDI support.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Check local Facebook and gumtree. The resale isn't great on them, so you could get a good deal! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'm looking for a digital piano right now. I've tried a few secondhand ones and the keys clatter horribly through use. I was dismissing them, but I've looked into it and it usually means that the felt has gone and needs replacing, a job that I would probably have a go at tackling myself. Worth trying before you buy secondhand though, most people don't seem to know that their keyboard is knackered!
  • derndern Frets: 357
    I've just bought a Yamaha P45 which is excellent. Does sell for £383 but Andertons did have a b stock demo in for £250 on their email they sent out last night.
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Do you really need USB midi? For example I bought an older used 88 key with a reasonable hammer feel, but it had 5 pin DIN midi connections which I was OK with.  Price was £200 from a local music shop and it should be possible to do better privately. I guess only newer shinier stuff will have the USB version.

(I gather there are converters between USB and DIN, but I haven't looked into them yet.)

• Ravenous said:

Do you really need USB midi? For example I bought an older used 88 key with a reasonable hammer feel, but it had 5 pin DIN midi connections which I was OK with.  Price was £200 from a local music shop and it should be possible to do better privately. I guess only newer shinier stuff will have the USB version.

(I gather there are converters between USB and DIN, but I haven't looked into them yet.)

A converter costs around £20, so it wouldn't be a disaster to have no USB, it should at least have standardised MIDI support though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    dern said:
    I've just bought a Yamaha P45 which is excellent ....
    Aren't they redundant now .....
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27989
    Given that Lady BMcH is getting a Roland LX-17 for Crimbo her Casio CDP-120 is available for sale, with a stand and a stool and a better sustain pedal. It ought to be a useful step up from the CTK for £178 plus shipping...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."