Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the Guitar Show, 2017

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
edited February 2017 in Off Topic
Right guys, it's that time of the year again, when we start the chat and planning for ...

THE GUITAR SHOW (2017)

Same location as before as before - New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.
Dates are Sat 25th & Sun 26th Feb.

The official website is here, and will be populated with all the details over the coming weeks.

So, who's up for this, this year?

(PS, please don't tell @Handsome_Chris about this - the first year it was all about his "firm handshake", then last year it was the "Handsome_Hug", so I'm trying not to think about this year's forum member freebie available on demand - or not - from our stand).

BADGES

Last year we had some slightly low-tech badges for theFB peeps who came along, so we could spot each other as we were wandering around the show, and claim all the very special show deals from other exhibitors.

This year, we thought we might try something a little neater.  So, if you think you might be coming to the show, post on this thread, and there'll be a pre-printed badge to collect from our stand.

All part of the service.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm hopefully in! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Hoping to come this year
    Stop crying, start buying
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    There's an interesting list of small / independent guitar makers at the show again - and some new names from previous years too.

A little concerned that Crimson guitars are there again.  I didn't know anything about them last year when I walked past their stand a few time and was stunned by the instruments.  

Now I know what I'm looking at ...

Ouchy in the wallet area.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Right guys, it's that time of the year again, when we start the chat and planning for ...

THE GUITAR SHOW (2017

(PS, please don't tell @Handsome_Chris about this - the first year it was all about his "firm handshake", then last year it was the "Handsome_Hug", so I'm trying not to think about this year's forum member freebie available on demand - or not - from our stand).
    Handsome reacharound? 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    TTony said:

THE GUITAR SHOW (2017

Handsome reacharound? 
    Careful throwing these ideas around...if not just for giving Chris encouragement but also BrewDog will have a beer named that in time for the show

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I'll be there again. Just trying to prise myself away from Blackmachines and Nik Hubers. 

Reiver Guitars and HJ Williams are gonna be there this year. I'm very familiar with Haydn's work which is absolutely superb but there's an irony travelling so far to try Reiver stuff when I live moderately close to where they are. 

In general I want to try more UK built stuff this year. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Swinglehurst were there last year, I didn't particularly get on with one that I tried but I tried another one at a show near to me in August, a p90 shreddy looking beast. Very nice work indeed. 
  • I'll be there on the stand, obviously, as well as trying to avoid spending large amounts of money.

Jaden won't though, sadly.
    <space for hire>
    I see Bulldog pickups are on the attending list too ...
  • BowksBowks Frets: 413
    Please move the show to another weekend, as I am busy in Lisbon eating food and getting tanned
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I will try to be there on the Sunday.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • A provisional yes from me. Knowing what I'm like I'll either forget or have a last minute change of plan but I do hope to be there.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    I'll be there. No doubt constantly getting told to turn down. ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    The best bits of last year's show were when everyone had to stop playing. It was only then that customers and suppliers could talk to each other.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    The best bits of last year's show were when everyone had to stop playing. It was only then that customers and suppliers could talk to each other.
    I know, I have plans for 4 quiet times a day this year, plus the acoustics have been moved upstairs to give them a chance. Its not that anyone is that loud, its that there is that many people all playing at the same time. I have asked that all amps be off the ground so people aren't blasting their ankles.

Plus I'll be having a word with @rossyamaha a known culprit :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I'll be there on Saturday…
    it's loads of fun..
    guitar stuff, donuts and nice curry.. all the lil' things in the Clarky universe align
    play every note as if it were your first
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Alas, I shall avoid the @Handsome_Chris ceremonial fisting as I shall be in Australia.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I thought the half hour breaks depending on area worked best a couple years back. 
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I'll hopefully be there on the Sunday
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    miserneil said:
    I'll hopefully be there on the Sunday
    I hear that Sunday is going to be the best day.

By far.
    ;)