P or a J

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24235
    Darkglass M900 amp. Super versatile.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I've been offered a '74 Precision, all original, Olympic White custom colour, straight neck, 8.5lbs, provenance as well as he got it from Andy Baxter with links to the bass on his website.. And at a great price...

Too far away to try but I'm so very tempted. YOB Precision in a rare colour that's light, sorted and has history. I can see myself being skint here...!
    Well, I flippin' bought it. 

Hope it's ok. Hope it arrives here ok. 

If I even dare to suggest that I'm going to buy another guitar or bass on here in the next six months then you have my permission to come round and shoot me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    Right decision. You'd have kicked yourself if you hadn't :).

It will be fine. As far as I can remember I've never played a bad early-70s Fender bass, I think they're so simple and solid that there's really nothing that can go wrong as long as it hasn't been modded.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• That sounds like an awesome bass on paper, hope it is as good when you get it.  Post pics!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Thanks guys - don't worry, pics will be posted. It's definitely 'workhorse' and been through the wars a bit - but it is original and unmodded and its year of birth so a bit special.

The two main issues with 70s fender basses aren't there - it has a straight neck and it's not the weight of a caravan. I also do trust Andy Baxter as well so that's good. I doubt he would have sold a total duffer.