Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mooer Preamps!

What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowen said:
    I've made no secret about my dislike for mooer, so don't read if you don't want to hear my negative thoughts (again).

But does anyone else just hate their lack of originality.  They seem to sit and wait for other pedals to be developed just to clone them, and woooo look how small they are.  I just can't warm to them.
    To be fair, we don't know that these are clones of the AMT or Tech21 pedals - certainly the Budda isn't, because nobody makes one of those.

Their digital pedals are also original, as is the Ocean Machine. The looper might be a clone of the Joyo, but I don't think Joyo could really complain about that too much :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Fair points, I just think the market research has team have it easy. 
  • joeyowen said:
    Actually, I think the market research department has done their job spectacularly well. The ones who have it easy are the R&D team :D
    <space for hire>
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:
    Actually, I think the market research department has done their job spectacularly well. The ones who have it easy are the R&D team

I totally agree they've done their job well to be fair. They've found a market and nailed it.

I bet they don't know what R&D stand for :lol: 
  • Hmmmmmmm .... those knobs look awfully small. I wouldn't want to have to tweak them on a dark stage. :s

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    steamabacus said:
    Hmmmmmmm .... those knobs look awfully small. I wouldn't want to have to tweak them on a dark stage. :s

You'll be needing the Mooer tweezers then.
  • DesVegas said:
    steamabacus said:
    Hmmmmmmm .... those knobs look awfully small. I wouldn't want to have to tweak them on a dark stage. :s

You'll be needing the Mooer tweezers then.
    I already have a set from Maplins with a built-in led torch - perfect!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    They only look to have one output which is less flexible than the AMTs, though it looks like there's a switch that might switch on a cab sim.

Other than that they're interesting for sure.
    I actually think that - in terms of the cab sim - a switch is more useful than a separate output; in a live situation, if you needed to go from non-emulated to emulated, AMT's solution requires rewiring your board (non-trivial if you have multiple preamps attached to a looper).
    O think two separate puts is better so you can run one to the desk and another in to an fx return at the same time but could certainly live with a switch
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    Here's the thing - I know the AMT ones are definitely good enough to run direct into a PA from the cab emulated output. They also sound absolutely awesome when run into the effects return of a valve amp; there are videos around of the P-2, which is designed to be the preamp from a Peavey 5150 but with JFETs instead of glass bottles. At least one of those videos has somebody doing an A/B test between the amp's preamp and the pedal, and they were totally indistinguishable.

If these pedals are that good, then (at Mooer prices) this could be a game changer.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Very interesting development, that's for sure.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    The AMT stuff is quite reasonably priced and I think I'd rather have a full size pedal for this kind of application. 
  • The AMT stuff is quite reasonably priced and I think I'd rather have a full size pedal for this kind of application. 
    Indeed...however, my application would probably be of the "preamp at the end of the chain with a Bogner Red in front" format; for that case, these pedals are much better. Why? Because AMT's clean preamps (the Fender and Vox ones) require a 12V power supply.
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Or you could use a Tech 21 Blonde (not that I have one for sale or anything :) )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Or you could use a Tech 21 Blonde (not that I have one for sale or anything :) )
    I have an irrational distrust of Tech 21 products. I have absolutely no idea why, and I don't think it'd apply to a maybe-clone of one :D
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    Or you could use a Tech 21 Blonde (not that I have one for sale or anything )
    I have an irrational distrust of Tech 21 products. I have absolutely no idea why, and I don't think it'd apply to a maybe-clone of one D
    I've gigged a TM60, a Blonde, and a VT Bass and none of them have let me down.

The Joyo Blonde clone however did freak out on me.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    Or you could use a Tech 21 Blonde (not that I have one for sale or anything :) )
    I have an irrational distrust of Tech 21 products. I have absolutely no idea why, and I don't think it'd apply to a maybe-clone of one :D
    hahahaha :D

(I think like that too sometimes :D)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    The AMT stuff is quite reasonably priced and I think I'd rather have a full size pedal for this kind of application. 
    Indeed...however, my application would probably be of the "preamp at the end of the chain with a Bogner Red in front" format; for that case, these pedals are much better. Why? Because AMT's clean preamps (the Fender and Vox ones) require a 12V power supply.
    My AMT F1 runs quite happily off 9v.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Yeah. I replaced the tech 21 blonde with the joyo clone. Joyo clone has gone bad (odd whine and very noisy). Still can't justify the tech 21 and it is a tad big for my pedaltrain mini! So definitely interested in the Fender flavoured mooer. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    My guesses for the missing ones are:

3. Soldano SLO (it's a grey knob thing?)
    6. Fender Tweed
    7. Fender Blackface
    8. Boogie Rectifier

• rprrpr Frets: 308
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    rpr said:
    Wow, I needed just those sounds for my new Western Swing band...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom