Trump really is a man-child

What's Hot

Comments

• p90fool said:
    The sad thing is, it really doesn't matter any more, the bar is so low that it's hard to imagine anything outside paedophilia which would lose him votes.

It's not just Trump though, our own prime minister fucked a pig's head and everyone just found it mildly amusing, instead of recognising it as the exercise in power and control it was, where a whole generation of politicians and financiers have a little bit of dirt on each other as leverage.
    He was alleged to have fucked a pig's head in a book written by a journalist who presented absolutely no evidence for it and was incredibly sketchy about it from the offing, and the book was published by a company of a spurned colleague with a knife to insert in the form of Lord bastard Ashcroft. That so many take it to be absolutely true is demonstrative of the power that an asshole with money can have. That Private Eye defended Cameron from the pig claims should be an indicator of how valid the pig claims were.

So don't just damn the politicians here. Damn the general fucking public for lapping up this shit. Politicians take the blame for so much but large amounts of the electorate need to take responsibility too for their shortcomings. 

Absolutely. The media is a farce. 

That said, the bullingdon society is the ultimate insult to working people. That people from that sort of background can come to run a country is a joke. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    What's the difference between a lentil and a chickpea?

Trump wouldn't pay $1,000 to have a lentil on his face.
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

So don't just damn the politicians here. Damn the general fucking public for lapping up this shit.

Couldn't agree more.

And I'm not dissing anyone here directly, but I just have to laugh at cases online where people say "There's this rumour going round, I don't want to say what it is but if you google for "xyzzy"... I mean if you want to take the glory for saying something, say it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsun said:
    The funniest thing is that the US far right have elected a Putin stooge
    Strangely I DON'T find it funny. At all. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    edited January 2017
    I for one would like to express solidarity with anyone else who sat hitting refresh on Twitter all night. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    We get the politicians we deserve. It shows how far the US has sunk that they willingly embrace a monster like Trump. As Brad Pitt said at the climax of some movie I can't remember 'America isn't a country. It's a business." I can picture Trump obsessively rewinding that line - or perhaps having it embossed in gold leaf in his lift.

Reading this thread I assume that Trump likes being pissed on - seems he likes his Karma hot and steamy.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Though I agree with him that Streep is overated....
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Would explain the strange colour of his complexion I suppose.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What really unsettles me is that his Twitter shenanigans might not be as mindless as everyone seems to think.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2016/02/donald_trump_is_the_best_at_twitter_here_s_why.html

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I wonder if we'll see the first ever tweeted declaration of war
    play every note as if it were your first
    Tweeting does have the benefit of short and direct communication with the public. Compare it to Blair's rehearsed and insincere spindoctor-written scripts, polished and packaged by an on-message media. I prefer Trump tweets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    I can see you being a fan of Steven Seagal.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Clarky said:

Well in the 80s we had the famous quote "We begin bombing in five minutes" :)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    Chalky said:
    Tweeting does have the benefit of short and direct communication with the public. Compare it to Blair's rehearsed and insincere spindoctor-written scripts, polished and packaged by an on-message media. I prefer Trump tweets.
    Me too. We'll never really get to the bottom of Blair's personality, at least Trump lays himself bare. 
    Chalky said:
    I can see you being a fan of Steven Seagal.
    Never seen him in anything, so you must be the bigger fan.

• Absolutely. The media is a farce. 

That said, the bullingdon society is the ultimate insult to working people. That people from that sort of background can come to run a country is a joke. 

Aren't they working people though? Boris and Osborne still have jobs and DC earns a pretty penny through lectures right now... 

I don't like the way it's portrayed as 'toffs suck, the working classes are great'. I work in a working class environment (a chain pub). I've been there since August and put up with reams of small minded bullshit, everything from homophobia to racism to flat-out moronic acts of vandalism and violence. Having folk like that in charge of the country would be an even worse joke. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    Bitterly dissapointed. When I saw "#watersportsgate" I  thought it was how the FBI would be ensuring of trumps early demise. 
    The two activities are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
  • Chalky said:

It's all about how you prefer your lies delivered. Polished or natural. 

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Ravenous said:
    Clarky said:

Well in the 80s we had the famous quote "We begin bombing in five minutes" :)
    not a tweet though.. but equally scary
    play every note as if it were your first