Trump really is a man-child

What's Hot

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    @Heartfeltdawn - You know as well as I do that the Fretboard standard mantra is, sadly, that 'people with money and power are foolish or evil, and people without money or power are clever and good'.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Say what you want about Trump, about Blair or even about Streep.

But when people start slating Seagal, I open a can of whoop-ass.*

*terms and conditions apply, contents of can may vary.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reverend said:
    Say what you want about Trump, about Blair or even about Streep.

But when people start slating Seagal, I open a can of whoop-ass.*
    *terms and conditions apply, contents of can may vary.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    edited January 2017
    Chalky said:
    @Heartfeltdawn - You know as well as I do that the Fretboard standard mantra is, sadly, that 'people with money and power are foolish or evil, and people without money or power are clever and good'.
    I must have missed that class :) But it is a very curious thing how there is a lot of working class image polishing that goes on. The difference is they won't end up in political office. That doesn't make their beliefs any less reprehensible.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited January 2017

Absolutely. The media is a farce. 

That said, the bullingdon society is the ultimate insult to working people. That people from that sort of background can come to run a country is a joke. 

Aren't they working people though? Boris and Osborne still have jobs and DC earns a pretty penny through lectures right now... 

I don't like the way it's portrayed as 'toffs suck, the working classes are great'. I work in a working class environment (a chain pub). I've been there since August and put up with reams of small minded bullshit, everything from homophobia to racism to flat-out moronic acts of vandalism and violence. Having folk like that in charge of the country would be an even worse joke. 

Indeed, that was poorly worded. 

But a semi-secret, invite only society based on wealth that appears to lead people into positions of higher management stinks, to me, of an unfair advantage. Particularly when said society (allegedly) has such a poor reputation. 

However, having said that, I don't know of anyone who especially wants to be a politician - so perhaps it's an even less valid post than it already wasn't ( ). 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    edited January 2017
    Chalky said:
    I must have missed that class But it is a very curious thing how there is a lot of working class image polishing that goes on. The difference is they won't end up in political office. That doesn't make their beliefs any less reprehensible.  
    Oh the two of you!  Get a room!  Make sure you drink lots of water for the showers though. 
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    p90fool said:
    Thirty years ago scandal or fraud used to end political careers, nowadays we're so desensitised to it we're not even surprised enough to give a shit how they behave, they pretty well have a free rein. 

That's not true, at least in regard to that issue.

The fact is, it wasn't a scandal because a.) no-one was even sure it had happened and b.) even if it did happen, while foolish, it's nothing more than a bit silly and typical of the kind of stupidity that rugby clubs, students, and military units get up to all round the country.Not really a scandal, just embarrassing.

The reverse is true in my opinion, and in fact it's often a subject of debate on the news programmes; should decent (i.e. well meaning and otherwise honest) politicians have their careers ended because of some minor foolishness, bedroom or alcohol-related personal stuff, which has no bearing on their jobs, whereas others, who are squeaky-clean but useless, serve on (Corbyn?)

The press shout about public interest, but what they end up doing is depriving us of talented (but maybe quirky) individuals, or people with a past, or those who don't wish their private lives to be laid out in public (Labour leadership contender?), and we're left with mediocrity. Whichever side of the political divide you're on, that benefits no-one.

The French have the right idea: they don't give a monkeys, as long as the guy/girl is good at their job.

Proper political scandals are rare, like cash for questions etc, and almost immediately give rise to resignations and sackings, quite rightly.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    Though I agree with him that Streep is overated....
    I can see you being a fan of Steven Seagal.
    Never seen him in anything, so you must be the bigger fan.
    I have a book for you:

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    I have a book for you:

Read it but didn't understand it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24184
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    I wonder what Kennedy got up to in his time? I mean nobody has a go at his restless habits because he's a saint, but if you want ammo against Trump then surely affairs are just idle banter.
  • Chalky said:
    axisus said:
    Chalky said:
    Chalky said:
    I have a book for you:

Read it but didn't understand it.
    There's some milage in the fact that Seagal is the actor in question given his friendly relationship with Putin.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/25/vladimir-putin-presents-steven-seagal-with-russian-passport
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    I am looking forward to the press making mincemeat of him in the press conference.
    Watching the press conference.
    Fucking hell, the man can barely string a sentence together.
    He keeps referring to himself in the 3rd person.
  • octatonic said:
    Pfft. 

George W Bush couldn't complete a sentence and still doesn't know what 3rd person is.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Pfft. 

George W Bush couldn't complete a sentence and still doesn't know what 3rd person is.  

Yup. As obnoxious as Trump is, he cannot be as stoopid as Dubya.
  • Who cares what he's into?  A lot of these journalists are probably jealous that Trump associates amongst the elite as is a member of expensive sports clubs I.e water polo, etc.  If I had his money I probably would get into the more elite sports.  
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Who cares what he's into?  A lot of these journalists are probably jealous that Trump associates amongst the elite as is a member of expensive sports clubs I.e water polo, etc.  If I had his money I probably would get into the more elite sports.  
    I heard Trump's into architectural photography... 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Trump is so rich that even his showers are golden?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22701
    octatonic said:
    Trump is so rich that even his showers are golden?
    Many a true word spoken in jest.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom