Power supply advice

BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2218
Hello all,

I'm looking to power a Fairfield comp, Tumnus, Strymon Riverside, Timeline and an H9, with the first four on a Nano+ and the H9 on the ground next to it. I'm torn between putting a Cioks DC5 underneath for the 4 on the board and using the H9 on its own power supply, or using a Strymon Ojai to power all of them.

Are there any other power supply options I'm missing? Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    Would a voodoo labs 4x4 work?
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Too big for a Nano+ board.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    You can add a GigRig isolator to the DC5... looks like you might be out of high current outs though.
  • simonk said:
    You can add a GigRig isolator to the DC5... looks like you might be out of high current outs though.

True, would have to use the Riverside and Timeline on the two higher current outs and power the H9 separately using its own PSU. Ojai looking like the most elegant solution at the moment.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Ive just decided to build a bigger board & Im going to get a Gigrig system. I don't think I can stretch to a G2 but the Generator looks a great system
  • I was using an Ojai to power three Strymon pedals and a bunch of others on a daisychain. It's so small and light...just dual-lock it to your board...no worries.

Just got hold of a Zuma so everything has its own feed now and a couple of pedals are running on 18v...spendy but I'm well impressed ;)
  • I went with the Ojai in the end, works like a charm.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6867
    Yeh the ojai looks the best to me too. Beats the similar voodoo labs 5 as all 5 of its outputs are 500ma and you can expand it by buying another ojai or the bugger zuma. For £150 I think ill go with an Ojai too when funds allow!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...