Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Digitech / DOD

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
edited January 2017 in FX
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    ...and that's all she wrote if anyone wants a guess pre NAMM. 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 2992
    edited January 2017
    Cool, an eq and a ....? 

I'm a fan and was was a very good customer for Digitech last year, got a Polara, Obscura, Looking Glass, Gunslinger and a Trio +, they're all great. 

Not forgetting my first ever pedal purchase, the original and unusable DOD grunge fx69 back in the day   B 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Digitech have developed some cracking pedals of late, the Looking Glass and the Obscura are fantastic. 
    The thing I never realised until about fifteen minutes ago was that DOD pedals are all analogue and Digitech are all digital. Doh! 
  • The thing I never realised until about fifteen minutes ago was that DOD pedals are all analogue and Digitech are all digital. Doh! 
    I love their marketing of that too. Keeping the two separate and surviving the DOD brand. I've always had a soft spot for DOD and am glad they're still about.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I'm a fan of the DOD reissues too. They're are an improvement upon the original pedals Imo, quieter in operation, with all the modern appointments, while retaining all the sonic yumminess of their forebears.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    The thing I never realised until about fifteen minutes ago was that DOD pedals are all analogue and Digitech are all digital. Doh! 
    Except that there are a lot of Digitech pedals that are analogue. And several DODs that are digital…

I'm disappointed that all their new pedals seem to have my pet hate on pedals - metal click switches. Wont be buying any.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

ICBM said:
    Except that there are a lot of Digitech pedals that are analogue. And several DODs that are digital…

I'm disappointed that all their new pedals seem to have my pet hate on pedals - metal click switches. Wont be buying any.
    I just took that info, along with the photos, off the Digitech website. I think it hasn't been a consistent thing but that's how they are marketing them now. 
  • ICBM said:

I have an Obscura, Polara and Ricochet and they're all soft switches, at least as I understand that classification :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    looking forward to my clutch of X series becoming collectable vintage soon then...!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited January 2017
    I have to say that after using the soft switches I would be quite happy to see the end of clicky switches in pedals.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    At least that's not so bad... although I still don't like the metal buttons. There was nothing wrong with the Boss-like wide flat switches that they used to have (and still seem to on the Supernatural). I'll admit that the old DOD plastic 'plate' switch was a bit of an oddity, but it worked well.

I assume that them going to the new style is all about the fashion for boutique pedals which invariably use metal switches...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I've had a Polara and a Ricochet over the last year and both are excellent. I haven't seen a Nautila on a single board though, are they not widely available yet or are they just not popular?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    My first pedal was a DOD FX56 American Metal. Not the greatest pedal ever but you have to start somewhere.

I have a Supernatural and it's a fantastic pedal.
  • VJIves said:
    I've had a Polara and a Ricochet over the last year and both are excellent. I haven't seen a Nautila on a single board though, are they not widely available yet or are they just not popular?
    Same with the Dirty Robot..........which does sound a bit mad.
  • DiscoStu said:
    My first pedal was a DOD FX56 American Metal. Not the greatest pedal ever but you have to start somewhere.

I recently tried one, in neon pink! Pretty good pedal, made me think more of sludgey music than tight metal but a good box of noise. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    VJIves said:
    That's because it's a chorus and as we all know chorus is a disgusting effect.
     :) 
  • Sassafras said:
    VJIves said:
    That's because it's a chorus and as we all know chorus is a disgusting effect, unless it's put infront of a high gain amp. 
     :) 
    FTFY. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    DiscoStu said:

I recently tried one, in neon pink! Pretty good pedal, made me think more of sludgey music than tight metal but a good box of noise. 
    This was the one I had, I believe the first version. I thought it would make me sound like Metallica given its name. It didn't.
    I seem to recall it being a bit of a pest and it would take a couple of presses in the right place to switch it on and off. 

http://cdn-ak.f.st-hatena.com/images/fotolife/E/Emulator/20080126/20080126181313.jpg