Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Digitech / DOD

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EQ and a Trem I reckon! And I'm in the market for a trem...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Will be interesting to see what the Rubberneck is! Another fan of Digitech here, just got the Polara to replace my old X series Digiverb and it's a great sounding versatile verb.

Also got the Ventura Vibe last year which is another great pedal, very warm sounding for a digital vibe and offers good flexibilty plus a rotary sound. Definitely betters TC's Viscous Vibe for me (which is being shown the door), although I've just got a Mojohand Villanova vibe.... :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    EQ and a Trem I reckon! And I'm in the market for a trem...
    First one is an eq or something eq based in some way. Second one looks more DOD so something analogue that has a rate, err, so a tremolo seems right too. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The Freqout is based on the Ricochet, according to TGP
    https://bobblepic.com/images/2017/01/12/IMG_1011.jpg

Next update from Digitech. Not sure that gives me many clues. 
  • DiscoStu said:
    My first pedal was a DOD FX56 American Metal. Not the greatest pedal ever but you have to start somewhere.

I have a Supernatural and it's a fantastic pedal.
    I love the American metal, legend has it that It's the Slint spiderland distortion.
    Anyway the stripey one turned out to be the Rubberneck delay which has it's own Discussion going. 
    The Freqout one is this:

Feedback creator.

A third one , a cabinet simulator has been announced ( picture to follow) which leaves two more to go  =)
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    The feedback pedal looks a lot of fun but would not a Boss switch made more sense?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JD50 said:
    The feedback pedal looks a lot of fun but would not a Boss switch made more sense?
    Boss switches never make sense as it means you're using a Boss pedal ;) . Most of the current Digitech true bypass style switches are the moderrn soft feel type (similar to TC Electronics type). Can't say I noticed any clicks or problems using the couple I've got.

Not sure if I can get that to work. Anyway, pedal 4 is the Carcosa and 5 is a mini volume. 
  • Octafish said:
    JD50 said:
    Boss switches never make sense as it means you're using a Boss pedal ;) . Most of the current Digitech true bypass style switches are the moderrn soft feel type (similar to TC Electronics type). Can't say I noticed any clicks or problems using the couple I've got.
    What's your beef with Boss? 
    How very rock and roll
    edited January 2017
    Octafish said:
    JD50 said:
    Boss switches never make sense as it means you're using a Boss pedal . Most of the current Digitech true bypass style switches are the moderrn soft feel type (similar to TC Electronics type). Can't say I noticed any clicks or problems using the couple I've got.
    What's your beef with Boss? 
    No real beef, I do find some of their stuff a bit uninspiring and over priced, but it was just a jokey comment, hence the eye wink...

• Digitech/DOD are doing some really solid stuff. That delay sounds awesome, the Freqout is great (if a little gimmicky) and I was really impressed with the CabDriver IR pedal - I'd get that for function stuff so i could still have all my nice pedals and no amp!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2891
    The Freqout is definitely on my gas list! I play in a stoner rock/grungy band where feedback is encouraged haha. Rubberneck sounds cool as well.
    Not seen a proper demo of the Rubbermeck yet but it looks like the kind of delay I dream about so I remain hopeful. 

• rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Like the look of the rubberneck, wish they'd do a simpler version of the delay in the standard size enclosure (I.e. Same size as the Looking Glass, etc).
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Man, I wish they'd done that feedback pedal when I was in hardcore bands. I'll probably get it regardless, the Ricochet is such a well laid out pedal.