Trump really is a man-child

What's Hot

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited January 2017
    axisus said:
    I'm not actually bothered if he wants to get paid to be peed on, I'm really not. What I am bothered by is that he is a racist, homophobic, islamophobic and sexist fool.
    I'm not so sure about the fool bit…
    love him, hate him or not care, he can't be a fool to get where he has got..
    I'm in the 'don't care' camp.. but I reckon those that think him a fool and try to treat him like one will come unstuck..
    I reckon he's too easy to underestimate.. but he has a knack for wrong footing everyone because he's unconventional and unpredictable..
    just like Farage… [again I'm in the don't care camp]
    but he was laughed at as some sort of clown in Brussels and Westminster..
    and look what happened.. it shocked and surprised everyone [most likely including him too]..
    but there is no doubt that he was the major player

I'd replace 'fool' with someone who is potentially 'scary'
    not because of what he does directly, but because of the side effects of something he does or says [tweets]..

time will tell I guess.. I hope I'm quite wrong to be thinking this..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    I know occasionally my views on here are robust, but I can honestly say I have never pissed off the CIA, FBI, CNN and Russia all in one hour.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    octatonic said:
    Trump is so rich that even his showers are golden?
    Nope, not even if he was on fire.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23939
    octatonic said:
    Did I really just hear the incoming President of the United States deny he enjoyed being pissed on by prostitutes with the phrase "I'm a germaphobe"?
    Urine is usually sterile.

In hookers? Probably not, but he can afford high class.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Clarky said:
    axisus said:
    I'm not actually bothered if he wants to get paid to be peed on, I'm really not. What I am bothered by is that he is a racist, homophobic, islamophobic and sexist fool.
    I'm not so sure about the fool bit…
    love him, hate him or not care, he can't be a fool to get where he has got..
    I'm in the 'don't care' camp.. but I reckon those that think him a fool and try to treat him like one will come unstuck..
    I reckon he's too easy to underestimate.. but he has a knack for wrong footing everyone because he's unconventional and unpredictable..
    just like Farage… [again I'm in the don't care camp]
    but he was laughed at as some sort of clown in Brussels and Westminster..
    and look what happened.. it shocked and surprised everyone [most likely including him too]..
    but there is no doubt that he was the major player

I'd replace 'fool' with someone who is potentially 'scary'
    not because of what he does directly, but because of the side effects of something he does or says [tweets]..

time will tell I guess.. I hope I'm quite wrong to be thinking this..
    Agreed - he is no fool and thinking that his presidency will be predictably stupid is foolish. As you say, that unpredictability will be scary until we start seeing what he does and whether it matches expectations.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    Agreed - he is no fool and thinking that his presidency will be predictably stupid is foolish. As you say, that unpredictability will be scary until we start seeing what he does and whether it matches expectations.
    Yes. It is idiotic to denounce a presidency as foolish before it's even started. Criticise a person for what they do, not what they might do. 

• exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    edited January 2017
    I thought that Twitter was screwed as a business model? What happens when they go bust?  Will Trump have to pump his own money into it in order to keep his communication channel open and his administration in power
  • exocet said:
    I thought that Twitter was screwed as a business model? What happens when they go bust or will Trump have to pump his won money into it in order to keep his communication channel open and his administration in power :)
    He'll go retro and send out telegrams. 

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Chalky said:
    Yes. It is idiotic to denounce a presidency as foolish before it's even started. Criticise a person for what they do, not what they might do. 
    Er .... I have been criticising him for what he has done actually ....
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

I'm hoping the "nuclear codes" are over 140 characters long.  We'd be OK then.

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I'm not convinced the 'Trump is nobody's fool' argument has much merit. He started out, as he says himself, with a 'small' 1m loan from his father and has bullied and litigated himself out of a succession of scrapes ever since. There's a reason he won't release his tax affairs for public view - they would show just how fragile his house of cards really is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    JezWynd said:
    I'm not convinced the 'Trump is nobody's fool' argument has much merit. He started out, as he says himself, with a 'small' 1m loan from his father and has bullied and litigated himself out of a succession of scrapes ever since. There's a reason he won't release his tax affairs for public view - they would show just how fragile his house of cards really is.
    We are all capable of being fools. Is a fool capable of making a million dollars into a billion dollars? If yes, please demonstrate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    edited January 2017
    We were watching the news the other night and they had a MP for UKIP on. I immediately said "why the hell is he on? They aren't even one of the big three parties FFS".

My girlfriend said "how do you think people like Trump got into power?? it's because we failed to acknowledge this issue, we laughed at it. UKIP have come on a long way, they aren't a Kilroy Silk led joke anymore, they have MPs" I did say well yeah so does the Green party, so why aren't they on the news instead? *********

We couldn't understand why a handler hasn't taken over his twitter account, because Trump has clearly demonstrated the mentality of a five year old. He was in a spat the other day with Arnold Schwarzenegger, gloating about how he had better viewing figures for the Apprentice. I thought like everybody else...."aren't you supposed to be taking over as the President in less than twelve days?? Surely to god, you have more important things to be concentrating on?"

In regards to Trump, it's soul destroying that we are losing somebody as articulate as Obama to have him replaced by a giant toddler. I couldn't care less what somebody does in the bedroom that's not the point.
     I know he's not going to be given free rein, it's just the manner as to how he's handled himself. I think that he ran to see if he would get elected, his ego ran away with him. Now shit got real and he didn't think he would actually get in. It was a giant publicity stunt/ego massage for him.

*****I must stress that we do not support UKIP*****
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Personalities are not totally black and white. Nobody is a fool - and nobody is a genius. It's more the case that people have a mixture of foolishness - for some activities/types of task - and cleverness for other types of task. You may be able to argue that Trump has some skills in business and in cutting business deals (although the exact level of those skills is probably open to a good deal of debate)... but it's difficult to argue that he doesn't display a level of foolishness in some of his actions.

In some situations, he appears to act like a spoiled child that's used to getting its own way. I think that can be a common trait among some (not all) business leaders... that are used to being surrounded by 'yes men'... and, hence, when they bang their fist on the table - they tend get their own way. However, even though a President may choose to surround themselves with 'yes men'... Presidents tend to be open to much more scrutiny than many businessmen. For anybody that's not used to having their instructions questioned... it can be difficult to cope with the media or with political opposition. Entertaining - but potentially dangerous - times.

• DrJazzTap said:

Even some people that vote UKIP... say that.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    edited January 2017
    Trump's business skills - he's been bankrupted 6 times I believe ........

And he'd be richer if he'd just kept his Dad's inherited wealth on deposit - he's lost more money than gained .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    DrJazzTap said:

We couldn't understand why a handler hasn't taken over his twitter account, because Trump has clearly demonstrated the mentality of a five year old. He was in a spat the other day with Arnold Schwarzenegger, gloating about how he had better viewing figures for the Apprentice. I thought like everybody else...."aren't you supposed to be taking over as the President in less than twelve days??

I think that he ran to see if he would get elected, his ego ran away with him. Now shit got real and he didn't think he would actually get in. It was a giant publicity stunt/ego massage for him.

Even Presidents don't always work. Dubya and Reagan didn't put excessive hours in like Carter did. Neither has Obama. And Eisenhower famously and evidently slept or golfed mostly throughout his Presidency.  So Trump is not breaking the mould on this one.

Trump said many times early on that he wanted to be President and that he knew what he had to do to become President - just win more votes than the other guy. He has stuck to that. He knew he would get in.

You are right that this means he has not given much thought to policy (maybe even none in many areas). So it all hinges on those he picks to run the show.

The lady doth protest too much about UKIP :)

• DrJazzTap said:
    UKIP have come on a long way, they aren't a Kilroy Silk led joke anymore, they have MPs"
    Last time I looked... they didn't have 'MPs'.... just the one MP.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    DrJazzTap said:
    UKIP have come on a long way, they aren't a Kilroy Silk led joke anymore, they have MPs"
    Last time I looked... they didn't have 'MPs'.... just the one MP.
    Sorry she said an mp and meps 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.