Headphone Amp GAS...OBNE

What's Hot
samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
edited January 2017 in Amps
i spotted this last night...i definitely buying one...it is like the perfect product for someone like me, from functionality and aesthetic, it has it all covered...and although I have no idea what the product is from the short video, its a really cool video too... attention @Lew @GavRichList ;

https://youtu.be/QuCuU9PZIlY
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1589

Before you shell out on that amp think about the Behringer HA400. Around 1/4 the price, has 4, independently controlled outputs and runs on 12 volts not 9 so is going to have much greater headroom.

I have one and am greatly impressed by the sound quality and lack of noise. Does not have a silly name but works very well.

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    Possibly the most useless and annoying product demo clip ever. Although the orange guitar visible at about 1'34" looks interesting…

Question about the headphone amp: does it have speaker emulation, or if not, are you planning to run it from something else which does? If not, it's more or less useless for guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Wait wait...sorry I think everything got a little miscommunicated....this product is useless...it has no speaker or amp simulation, so through headphones, especially the dirt will sound like rubbish. 

But everything about it..the looks and perceived functionality...the little video clip...they've nailed for me (and people like me) I want to be one of the guys in the video!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Obne are the epitome of style over substance.
    Saying that pair this with one of those mooer pre amps and you're golden... unless they already have headphones out?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Wait from the neunaber IR thingy, it has a headphone out socket.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Obne are the epitome of style over substance.

exactly that ^

Saying that pair this with one of those mooer pre amps and you're golden... unless they already have headphones out?

^but also that's not a bad idea...
  • EHX make something almost the same, and probably lots cheaper.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    It's unusual for "Old Blood Noise Endeavours" to name something in a way that perfectly describes what it does and isn't open to guesswork like all their other pedals.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4943
    I thought this thread was about a headphone amp, one that goes between your music player and headphones......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Rocker said:
    I thought this thread was about a headphone amp, one that goes between your music player and headphones......
    As far as I can tell it is basically that. Plug in one input, 2 sets of cans, and away you go. I agree with Dave, the Behringer is probably much more useful.