Good small keyboards or modules for Rhodes/Wurlitzer and organ sounds

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• goldtop said:
    Muse Receptor allows loading of plug-ins - http://www.museresearch.com/products/receptor-features.php - but they got out of the hardare business. Roland VariOS was another that was shortlived. Hard products to explain and harder to sell.

I'll look out for that one but seems a bit out of price range in the UK - will save the ebay search though as that'd be ideal.

It does look like a Laptop is your best bet, it would need power to the Laptop and then a USB Midi Cable to the keyboard. Most MIDI Controllers can be powered through the USB Cable including the ones I linked before. To get the sound out it would probably be worth investing in an Interface but you can get something really small for that.
    I think to be honest if using only a computer for it is the only option I'll probably just leave it entirely and focus on a different instrument (fancying mandola with an ebow or a clarinet)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    My problem here is, what if the question was " Guitar needed must be smaller than normal but be able to respond to big key licks? " Horses for courses, you want to be able to play great keyboard parts? dont skimp on the instrument
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited January 2017
    I'm not trying to scrimp as such I just want something that's not very big - there are plenty of controllers that are the right size so there's clearly a percieved need for that size of keyboard, just that I am not finding one with the sounds built in at the same size.

I scrimped when I bought the Microkorg which is rubbish hence why I'm trying to get it right this time

It's going to have to fit on top of a 77cm wide drawer unit with other bits and bobs so that's why there is a size restriction. Plus for epiano and organ style playing I don't feel there is a desperate need for many octaves to be honest. I've got a piano for when I want to play proper piano music with more octaves
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Why not just get a jv1010 then 
    great wee modules
  • Cabicular said:
    Why not just get a jv1010 then 
    great wee modules
    Yes its looking like that might be the way forward if I go for it, something like that kind of thing
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I've got one somewhere so give me a shout if you want and I can look it out
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Don't know if you're still looking, but this looks interesting

https://www.thomann.de/gb/ferrofish_b4000.htm?glp=1&gclid=CPmh7p7w-9ECFce37QodqZEAzw
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Moss said:
    Don't know if you're still looking, but this looks interesting

https://www.thomann.de/gb/ferrofish_b4000.htm?glp=1&gclid=CPmh7p7w-9ECFce37QodqZEAzw
    Thanks for thinking of me on this, yes I have seen those (there's one in the classfieds at the moment in fact) and they do seem on paper to be excellent, only problem is that I'd still have to find a similar unit for piano and a controller, by which time i'd probably be more economically sound going for one that does all the sounds.

But I shall certainly be considering it yes :) thanks again