Trump really is a man-child

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22711
    edited January 2017

It MIGHT not remove Trump from office, but if it did I think Pence would become President... Isn't that what happened in the case of Nixon? (*Edit: he resigned when impeachment became all but inevitable).

As far as I know* the Vice President always becomes President when the President leaves office, for whatever reason, as happened with Ford taking over from Nixon, LBJ taking over from JFK etc.

(* Sources:  24, White House Down, Olympus Has Fallen, Air Force One, Iron Man 3....)

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Pence is a scary thought. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

It MIGHT not remove Trump from office, but if it did I think Pence would become President... Isn't that what happened in the case of Nixon? (*Edit: he resigned when impeachment became all but inevitable).

As far as I know* the Vice President always becomes President when the President leaves office, for whatever reason, as happened with Ford taking over from Nixon, LBJ taking over from JFK etc.

(* Sources:  24, White House Down, Olympus Has Fallen, Air Force One, Iron Man 3....)

Good sources. I WAS going to reference House of Cards about one aspect of the process, but didn't want to post potential spoilers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reverend said:
    Scarier than Trump? Its a pretty tough call imo.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Reverend said:
    Scarier than Trump? Its a pretty tough call imo.

I sometimes wake up screaming that Donald Trump and Sarah Palin have a child together...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Unfortunately, being an obnoxious git is not an impeachable offence.  And there is no way that the US would rerun the election, no matter what evidence comes to light.  So roll on January 20th...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    edited January 2017
    I've been wondering, and will ask Google once I've posted this, but shouldn't a President have some sort of team around them to reign them in as needed? Assuming they do it makes me wonder if Trump is surrounding himself with "Yes Men"....

EDIT

I've had a quick search. Yes there is a team of senior advisors and Trump is employing yes men. Bugger :(

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31500
    I've been wondering, and will ask Google once I've posted this, but shouldn't a President have some sort of team around them to reign them in as needed? Assuming they do it makes me wonder if Trump is surrounding himself with "Yes Men"....

EDIT

I've had a quick search. Yes there is a team of senior advisors and Trump is employing yes men. Bugger :(
    I wouldn't be so sure, although I'm sure he thinks he has. If he keeps on pissing off the security services he might be in for a shock. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    Rally round the flag boys

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    p90fool said:

EDIT

I wouldn't be so sure, although I'm sure he thinks he has. If he keeps on pissing off the security services he might be in for a shock. 
    Will he be Nixoned or JFK'ed?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Nitefly said:
    You know what?  I'd like to see what odds I might get backing him to get a second term - might be worth a tenner?  :o
    2020 Presidential Election Odds (via SkyBet)

Donald Trump – 7/4

Bloody hell, I'll keep my tenner in my pocket for now!  I would have thought he was practically guaranteed to fuck up something so badly he made himself un-electable, if not impeachable!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Did Clinton lie under oath and Nixon lied on his tax returns? I suspect Trump is too savvy to do that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Chalky said:
    Did Clinton lie under oath and Nixon lied on his tax returns? I suspect Trump is too savvy to do that.
    He might tell the truth.

By accident.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    Doesn't impeachment require a majority of the senate or something - and if the republicans have the majority in the house and the senate, then that's not going to happen unless the GOP come to their senses and accept that relinquishing power is a price they're willing to pay for the good of the country.  So, that's not going to happen then.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Doesn't impeachment require a majority of the senate or something - and if the republicans have the majority in the house and the senate, then that's not going to happen unless the GOP come to their senses and accept that relinquishing power is a price they're willing to pay for the good of the country.  So, that's not going to happen then.
    They won't relinquish power, they just hand it to Mike Pence. Make of that what you will.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    Of course!  I've obviously given this a great deal of thought!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Chalky said:
    JezWynd said:
    I'm not convinced the 'Trump is nobody's fool' argument has much merit. He started out, as he says himself, with a 'small' 1m loan from his father and has bullied and litigated himself out of a succession of scrapes ever since. There's a reason he won't release his tax affairs for public view - they would show just how fragile his house of cards really is.
    We are all capable of being fools. Is a fool capable of making a million dollars into a billion dollars? If yes, please demonstrate.
    That depends... 

In your example can we assume that:

a) we get an additional $400 million + in inheritance?
    b) we get companies in inheritance?
    c) when we get the $1,000,000 loan from daddy with no interest payments, we ALSO get access to the credit rating of a business worth hundreds of millions?
    d) we have daddy's Rolodex of contacts in various industries?

Given the $1.000.000 and his inheritance anyone could make billions - just invest it... Trump has likely made significantly less than he would have done without ever being in business... 

The ultra-successful businessman you would like to defend is avoiding prison because of the US system of law in relation to fraud (Trump University was fraud, but US law means he could settle out of court...), still facing allegations that his investment company is little more than a Ponzi scheme (which wont be announced until after he has the power to legally pardon himself...)...

But more than his possibly criminal (by our standards) behaviour this is a businessman who FAILED to sell steak in the US... America, land of the steak. It wasn't in India where the cow is sacred, but America where the steak is king... If you bought a grill and some steak you could out perform this billionaires business.

How about his travel company? Thousands of flights over the US every day, so that must be a good source of money, right? Didn't manage any flights before folding - literally failed to do what it was set up to do.

Ok, so he's a shitty businessman and probably criminal... but what's he like as a person? Oh well perhaps the well documented case of his constant and obvious bullying of a little old Scottish lady because he wanted to build a golf course... including cutting through her water supply so she'd be more likely to sell...

Whether Streep is over-rated or not, she's managed more than 100 awards as an actor... how over-rated as a businessman is Trump, considering 6 of his businesses have ended up in bankruptcy? Oh, and whether she's over-rated or not... He was on FUCKING CAMERA in front of a CROWD when he mocked the disabled reporter he's trying to deny mocking - not hot-mic'ed in a bus, but in front of the whole fucking world... her allegation is provable fact... his denial is at best an indication that he doesn't have the mental faculty to be in charge of anything, at worst proof that he's pathological

Thin skinned bully who is shit at doing the things he tries to do (except hire lawyers... or at least yell that he might hire lawyers), who lies with virtually every statement, who stated that he was going to drain the swamp and make the leadership more accountable to the working classes who voted him in - by having the richest cabinet in US history, including possibly illegal nepotistic nominations of his children and their spouses ...

American troops were moved into Poland, and sanctions leveled against Russia because Russia is a destabilising influence in the world, happy to invade anyone close enough that doesn't have sufficient armed forces to stop them... but Trump likes Putin so lets let them be and promise them 4 (... or 8!) years of doing whatever they want, whenever they want... sure you invaded Ukraine illegally and shot down a passenger plane... sure you're bombing people who could help in the war against ISIS just because you like the anti-human-rights-dictator that the rebels don't like... sure you have a long history of hacking foreign countries for political gain... BUT we'll give you a free pass on all that bullshit because you too hate peasants 

Climate change? Evidence? Nah, it's all a conspiracy from China (China? one of the worlds largest polluters who are constantly criticised for this, and who are suffering horrific toxic smog as a result? Yes, them China!... China! they invented the words "Climate", "Change" and "Temperature" to bankrupt America. Grrr China!! How? Um... China!)

Trump will be BAD for the whole world - exactly because he's a fool... no idea what the words are that will come out of his mouth until after someone explains why they were wrong, then attacks that person due to his thin skin.

He was not a vote against the Elite, he is the very worst of the elite - he's a caricature of an aristocratic buffoon using power and influence to bully dissenting voices down appealing only to the lowest of the lowest denominators crass, rude, dumb and dangerous ... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 19reaction image Wisdom
  • Myranda said:
    Chalky said:
    JezWynd said:
    I'm not convinced the 'Trump is nobody's fool' argument has much merit. He started out, as he says himself, with a 'small' 1m loan from his father and has bullied and litigated himself out of a succession of scrapes ever since. There's a reason he won't release his tax affairs for public view - they would show just how fragile his house of cards really is.
    We are all capable of being fools. Is a fool capable of making a million dollars into a billion dollars? If yes, please demonstrate.
    That depends... 

In your example can we assume that:

a) we get an additional $400 million + in inheritance?
    b) we get companies in inheritance?
    c) when we get the $1,000,000 loan from daddy with no interest payments, we ALSO get access to the credit rating of a business worth hundreds of millions?
    d) we have daddy's Rolodex of contacts in various industries?

Given the $1.000.000 and his inheritance anyone could make billions - just invest it... Trump has likely made significantly less than he would have done without ever being in business... 

The ultra-successful businessman you would like to defend is avoiding prison because of the US system of law in relation to fraud (Trump University was fraud, but US law means he could settle out of court...), still facing allegations that his investment company is little more than a Ponzi scheme (which wont be announced until after he has the power to legally pardon himself...)...

But more than his possibly criminal (by our standards) behaviour this is a businessman who FAILED to sell steak in the US... America, land of the steak. It wasn't in India where the cow is sacred, but America where the steak is king... If you bought a grill and some steak you could out perform this billionaires business.

How about his travel company? Thousands of flights over the US every day, so that must be a good source of money, right? Didn't manage any flights before folding - literally failed to do what it was set up to do.

Ok, so he's a shitty businessman and probably criminal... but what's he like as a person? Oh well perhaps the well documented case of his constant and obvious bullying of a little old Scottish lady because he wanted to build a golf course... including cutting through her water supply so she'd be more likely to sell...

Whether Streep is over-rated or not, she's managed more than 100 awards as an actor... how over-rated as a businessman is Trump, considering 6 of his businesses have ended up in bankruptcy? Oh, and whether she's over-rated or not... He was on FUCKING CAMERA in front of a CROWD when he mocked the disabled reporter he's trying to deny mocking - not hot-mic'ed in a bus, but in front of the whole fucking world... her allegation is provable fact... his denial is at best an indication that he doesn't have the mental faculty to be in charge of anything, at worst proof that he's pathological

Thin skinned bully who is shit at doing the things he tries to do (except hire lawyers... or at least yell that he might hire lawyers), who lies with virtually every statement, who stated that he was going to drain the swamp and make the leadership more accountable to the working classes who voted him in - by having the richest cabinet in US history, including possibly illegal nepotistic nominations of his children and their spouses ...

American troops were moved into Poland, and sanctions leveled against Russia because Russia is a destabilising influence in the world, happy to invade anyone close enough that doesn't have sufficient armed forces to stop them... but Trump likes Putin so lets let them be and promise them 4 (... or 8!) years of doing whatever they want, whenever they want... sure you invaded Ukraine illegally and shot down a passenger plane... sure you're bombing people who could help in the war against ISIS just because you like the anti-human-rights-dictator that the rebels don't like... sure you have a long history of hacking foreign countries for political gain... BUT we'll give you a free pass on all that bullshit because you too hate peasants 

Climate change? Evidence? Nah, it's all a conspiracy from China (China? one of the worlds largest polluters who are constantly criticised for this, and who are suffering horrific toxic smog as a result? Yes, them China!... China! they invented the words "Climate", "Change" and "Temperature" to bankrupt America. Grrr China!! How? Um... China!)

Trump will be BAD for the whole world - exactly because he's a fool... no idea what the words are that will come out of his mouth until after someone explains why they were wrong, then attacks that person due to his thin skin.

He was not a vote against the Elite, he is the very worst of the elite - he's a caricature of an aristocratic buffoon using power and influence to bully dissenting voices down appealing only to the lowest of the lowest denominators crass, rude, dumb and dangerous ... 
    @Myranda it's only January, but I'm tipping this as a "post of the year" contender. 
    Well said. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom