Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    I'd stain the fretboard black, add a floyd and shadow kill pot and BKP warpig then tune it to Drop A for teh br000tzal toanz. :D 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChap said:

It would be a real shame if you did give it up though Jonathan - you've got a lot of fans out here, even if some of us are only able to hope that you launch a cheaper Korean line ;)
    Indeed. Eagerly awaiting the "Episquire SE by Feline" range here :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11495
    tFB Trader
    Some of the pretties on display at the workshop

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Ooh. I haven't seen that Hamer-style doublecut before!
  • That damn tele 
  • That blues cat haunts my dreams! Such a fantastic guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    For lovers of figured tops we have this coming through - it was part of the stash of wood we had for the 25th anniversary models but got used for a customer who wanted a few differences to what we are doing on the 25ths

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    That top is insane!

Almost doesn't look real.
  • Prince would've loved that.  :)
    Great guitar, as all of your guitars are.
    It was a real surprise to read of the difficulties you face in producing these instruments. They are clearly up there with the best of the best as the reviews and testimonies have shown.
    It's a sad thing that someone at the top of their craft, has such a hard time making it worth their while. I hope you manage to find the balance you're looking for.
    tFB Trader
    Oh - tales of our demise have been a bit premature.
    I have taken the step of revising what we quote to more accurately reflect the rising cost of materials and the time involved to make these guitars what we want them to be.
    2017 will be quite busy as we need to complete the 25th Anniversary models, complete some Blackmachine B6s and a number of custom commissions. We also have a largish number of started stock builds that we will be making for sale too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • derndern Frets: 357
    Oh - tales of our demise have been a bit premature.
    I have taken the step of revising what we quote to more accurately reflect the rising cost of materials and the time involved to make these guitars what we want them to be.
    2017 will be quite busy as we need to complete the 25th Anniversary models, complete some Blackmachine B6s and a number of custom commissions. We also have a largish number of started stock builds that we will be making for sale too.
    Great news. Hope it works out the way you'd like.
    tFB Trader
    We may get less commissions due to the necessary price increase but will be able to lavish the time we like to on the builds that we do get and maybe make just a limited number of "special" stock guitars each year - like a limited edition for that year

That will be the way forward I think.

• We may get less commissions due to the necessary price increase but will be able to lavish the time we like to on the builds that we do get and maybe make just a limited number of "special" stock guitars each year - like a limited edition for that year

That will be the way forward I think.

I think that's the perfect way forward.  When you're able to devote the time to make sure each guitar is the best they can be down to the last screw I'm sure the overwhelming 'fizz' of job satisfaction will bloom to new levels. Plus when the punter realises how much time, effort, skill and patience has gone into each build process the price will become justified.
    tFB Trader
    The 25th is coming along nicely now

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017 tFB Trader
    We are also doing a series of 5 flat-top versions of the 25th Anniversary with rosewood boards and headstock overlays
    These will have a Humbucker bridge/P90 neck configuration which has been popular with a lot of players

Here are the first images

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Just stunning
  • We are also doing a series of 5 flat-top versions of the 25th Anniversary with rosewood boards and headstock overlays
    These will have a Humbucker bridge/P90 neck configuration which has been popular with a lot of players

Here are the first images

Those tops are amazing - I like little ripple at the bottom :)
    tFB Trader

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Those eyes should be your new logo :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3037
    I'd have the eyes, nose and mouth as a 12th fret inlay