Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the Guitar Show, 2017

What's Hot
1141516171820»

Comments

• AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    Really good show, glad I got to meet many of you!
    Now I'm in Salford, no rest for the wicked...

• He gave me not one.. not two.. but three cuddles yesterday :lol: 
    Aziz Ibrahim only got on.  @thomasross20 , I think you know how lucky you are  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm honoured!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    @Jason fair point about lazy Londoners!

in my defence I have a 3 hour daily commute to work so I'm reluctant to do it again at the weekend.

Will make more of an effort next year - sounds like the show was enjoyed by all.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    mellowsun said:
    @Jason fair point about lazy Londoners!

in my defence I have a 3 hour daily commute to work so I'm reluctant to do it again at the weekend.

Will make more of an effort next year - sounds like the show was enjoyed by all.
    Hello, I wasn't moaning about you, its just the only people who say its too far, are always from London, you can ask any event manager, anywhere in the country, its amusing that Excel struggles because Londoners won't even go to that, wrong tube line...

Can't wait to spend billions on HS2 to make it easy for businesses to do business outside of London, I suspect it will just mean yet again the trains will still only go one way (just a bit quicker)

A 3hr daily commute would keep me house bound all weekend long

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Jason said:

A 3hr daily commute would keep me house bound all weekend long

To be fair, @mellowsun has to travel from one side of London to the other to get to work.  3hrs is pretty good going for that sort of commute
    ;)

I did wonder whether hiring a bus to get from London to Bham would work for the London-bound non-attendees, but I can't see that a bus would be any quicker than the train - plus you'd have all the hassle of working out pickup points and getting through London traffic (and last minute no-shows).

From my - admittedly sketchy - knowledge of Bham geography, the easiest way of getting from New St to New Bingley Hall is a cab, or a c2mile/30min walk and save a cab fare (which you'd need for the trip back instead of carrying everything you buy!).  

30mins is a nice leg-stretcher between sitting on a train and shuffling around the exhibition for a few hours!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • The trains to Jewellery Quarter are fairly regular on a Saturday from Moor Street, which is where a lot of Londoners come into B'ham, and then ten minutes walk. Or you can get the metro ( tram) from outside New Street to JQ, again very regular on a Saturday. 

I'd suggested the Hawthorns as an alternate venue as that has train and metro stations and very easy to find by car. Sadly the conference facilities aren't big enough.

Having gone to the NEC last week whilst it has excellent transport links it was a twenty minute walk from the car park into the hall, I'm sure no one at NBH at the weekend had to park that far away.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    The trains to Jewellery Quarter are fairly regular on a Saturday from Moor Street, which is where a lot of Londoners come into B'ham, and then ten minutes walk. Or you can get the metro ( tram) from outside New Street to JQ, again very regular on a Saturday. 

I'd suggested the Hawthorns as an alternate venue as that has train and metro stations and very easy to find by car. Sadly the conference facilities aren't big enough.

Having gone to the NEC last week whilst it has excellent transport links it was a twenty minute walk from the car park into the hall, I'm sure no one at NBH at the weekend had to park that far away.
    Yeah you forget just how vast that venue is, 18 Halls and the biggest is over 25,000 sqm metres (that would be about 9 guitar shows in that hall)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • Jason said: might
    The trains to Jewellery Quarter are fairly regular on a Saturday from Moor Street, which is where a lot of Londoners come into B'ham, and then ten minutes walk. Or you can get the metro ( tram) from outside New Street to JQ, again very regular on a Saturday. 

Yeah you forget just how vast that venue is, 18 Halls and the biggest is over 25,000 sqm metres (that would be about 9 guitar shows in that hall)
    @Jason , so what you're saying is that @Clarky would be able to have a hall to accommodate his rig?  :D
    tFB Trader
    @Jason , so what you're saying is that @Clarky would be able to have a hall to accommodate his rig?  :D
    Maybe if you put two or three of them together ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Jason said:
    Maybe if you put two or three of them together ;)
    hmmmm…. I think we have a plan...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261

Thankyou to everyone that stopped by and said hello - was great to see everybody.
    For those that didn't make it this was the 6 beauties that we took along:

Many thanks to Thorpy and his crew for being good stand mates and to the Fretboard Crew (especially Handsome Chris) who provided many laughs all weekend.
    ooooooooo… the sexy red one...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • ToonToon Frets: 57
    I haven't seen @toon today (Saturday) .  @Jason ,I hope that he isn't lost.

#LostThanksToGrumpyOrganiser or #LostDueToCheapSatnav

yeah I was there - parked a few streets away. Enjoyed the show.

I am not young enough to know everything

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14039
    edited March 2017 tFB Trader
    Thankyou to everyone that stopped by and said hello - was great to see everybody.
    For those that didn't make it this was the 6 beauties that we took along:

Many thanks to Thorpy and his crew for being good stand mates and to the Fretboard Crew (especially Handsome Chris) who provided many laughs all weekend.
    I like the Lion Cub on the far left  - looks, feels and plays purrrrrfect