Lumpy's Lemon Drop FX earth issue? Help!

I bought a Lemon Drop from Tommy (Lumpy's Tone Shop) some two years ago. Been an issue ever since I got it that he seems unable to fix (after returning to the USA and re-importing VAT etc etc). I have made a video of the problem here. Anyone that can help fix this would be massively appreciated!
https://youtu.be/p5k6sQ5paxM
I've had that one ages darling
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    @juansolo might be able to help
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    I recommend sending that one back to whomever built it for repair.

It's a mini which given I don't build them any more because they're such a pain in the arse, I'm not really gonna want to fix someone else's. It just makes everything take way too much time and effort.

I should really start a campaign for sensible sized effects/enclosures...
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    edited April 2017
    @Namaqua ;Is it a ground loop? Tried it with another power supply? Even tried it at someone's else's house ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    Yes, tried all that. I have a GigRig set up too with isolator etc. Does the same on that. 3 different power supplies, different amps, cables, buildings. All other pedals in each situation are silent.
    juansolo said:
    I recommend sending that one back to whomever built it for repair.

It's a mini which given I don't build them any more because they're such a pain in the arse, I'm not really gonna want to fix someone else's. It just makes everything take way too much time and effort.

I should really start a campaign for sensible sized effects/enclosures...
    I should have been clearer. I sent it back to Tommy (after a long time of trying). When he returned it last week it was exactly the same. Love the sound, an absolute perfect replication of the 7 series amps, but can't be doing with that noise. It dies down after about an hour of being left on but still stays there a bit. Can't be that complicated for someone who knows their stuff. There are only about 8 components in it.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8686
    Namaqua said:  It dies down after about an hour of being left on but still stays there a bit. Can't be that complicated for someone who knows their stuff. There are only about 8 components in it.
    Sounds like a faulty semiconductor. Noise which eventually disappears once it heats up is also a semiconductor trait, although it can happen with other components. 

If you are handy with a soldering iron then open it up, note the components, buy new ones (including a bigger box), and make your own. If you're not then cut your losses.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Weird, used it at a show the other night. No problem. But, yes, I get what you're saying @Roland and if it causes issues then I'll start swapping components. Need the small box though for the small pedal case.