I hate my voice, tell me if this is shite...

What's Hot

Comments

• frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited March 2017
    you have a great voice mate, keep doing what you're doing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Thanks to everyone except @Sambostar coz I know he's just trolling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have my voice a bit less in this, plus you get to see my cum face:

• mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Drew_TNBD said:

This is awesome dude! 
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I would take your voice over mine any day.
    certainly has potential and the choice of material is not what I listen to but tonally its not unpleasant.

if i was you I would get some lessons learn how to get the best out of it. It will give you more confidence and a bit of technique. Most of all keep using it.

when I was young we were always auditioning singers for our local group and most of them were totally shit back in those days pitchy toneless or they were shouters. There always seemed to be a shortage of good vocalists. That said I would bump into the same guy 2 years later at a pub gig as they carried on with other bands many of them developed way beyond where they started came really in those days from using the thing.

i was as someone else said listening to early Bruce Springsteen pre born to run and his voice and performance was atrocious by modern standards for a signed artist.

you listen a few years later to the Live box set and the same song sung live 3 years later is powerful the phrasing tonality way better. 

These days nobody thinks Springsteen can't sing but the very early stuff was dire. So in essence it practise.

as for me I have a voice so low and flat sounding its appreciated only by the odd Leonard Cohen fan or deep sea creatures

keep at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    I like your voice. You've got a distinctive tone and it's better than a lot of people "on the scene". It's just about you getting past this initial uncomfortable stage. If you've committed to having vocals in the set or recorded some official "for release" stuff it'll make it the norm and you can get on with it. As has been said above keep going and it'll be more natural feeling and easier.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• I wonder if you'd benefit from having someone else producing your vocals or at least giving more direction and feedback during tracking.

You've got a good ear so know when the pitch is in or out, or the delivery is strong or weak. But it can be hard to be objective about something you're not confident with 
    mrleon83 said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

This is awesome dude! 
    Cheers mon. It's coming together! I need to sort my acoustic situation out, and then get some proper recordings.
    Sambostar said:
    Church. It sounds vacuous, self indulgence, banal and lacking any form of spiritual human communication.  If it were a dog I wouldn't trust it because I would be thinking it's been kept in a flat all it's life and it's never been socialized.  Although in fairness, all that sort of music sounds like that to me, it's not personal. 

A human voice is a wonderful thing because it's poetry and a story and a union of spirits. It can cut through the room and communicate and put people instantly there.  I'd give up on the OCD and just find yourself, whether in tune or out of tune.  I don't want to live in your flat. Go to the pub, get pissed make random animal noises that make sense at the time and sing spontaneously for no reason at all other than you want to communicate and it seems like the right thing to do at the time and get away from that god awful music, it is leading you astray.

I don't mean to sound rude, it's great to aspire to perfection, but down the pub, you'd be singing that and some girl or fella would walk in and blow you away and put you on the floor.  If I'm being honest, I'm not liking the direction at all because I think you're on a hiding to nothing, you have to do it your own way and realise your assets. It's the same with guitar eh. You can sing, but I don't like this no.  This is self indulgent bullshit, but then that whole genre is I suppose.

Saw Phil Lewis of LA Guns the other night, he can still hit the notes perfectly at 61, I still struggle to reach an octave below him, it's not going to be my life's mission to acheive the impossible, I can make animal noises.

Too literal

B+

LOL. You wanker.
  • Sorry if its a stupid question - but is the song yours?

I like the melodic guitar line + I think the vocals are good - your commit to them and thats the most important thing imo. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12294
    You have a good voice Drew, Its a "naked" recording nothing hidden in production which ain't easy. I think at the end you sound a bit Robert Smith, proof that you've turned into a Southern ponce. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    Sorry if its a stupid question - but is the song yours?

I like the melodic guitar line + I think the vocals are good - your commit to them and thats the most important thing imo. 
    Yeah man it's mine. Cheers.
    You have a good voice Drew, Its a "naked" recording nothing hidden in production which ain't easy. I think at the end you sound a bit Robert Smith, proof that you've turned into a Southern ponce. 
    LOL! I'm from the Midlands, it's not a huge leap to goin' sarrrfff!!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    I haven't listened to it and your voice sounds awful.  Actually, I don't want to risk listening to it in case it's something like saying "Candyman" in the mirror three times or something.  Plus there's a danger it might make you appear more human to me and my inner Emperor Palpatine would find that too conflicting.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    You have a good voice Drew, Its a "naked" recording nothing hidden in production which ain't easy.
    This.

You ever had singing lessons ?  I ask is that you have a strong voice, but it does wander away from the targetted note very occasionally.  I've heard a lot worse, good stuff though and more power to your steel cojones for putting up here to be ripped apart.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    You have a good voice Drew, Its a "naked" recording nothing hidden in production which ain't easy.
    This.

You ever had singing lessons ?  I ask is that you have a strong voice, but it does wander away from the targetted note very occasionally.  I've heard a lot worse, good stuff though and more power to your steel cojones for putting up here to be ripped apart.
    Yeah I've done singing lessons for three years or so now. But I don't really practice, still not very confident with it. Depression, don't even know if I *want* to do the singings anymore. I dunno... life man. Life.

Emp_Fab said:
    I haven't listened to it and your voice sounds awful.  Actually, I don't want to risk listening to it in case it's something like saying "Candyman" in the mirror three times or something.  Plus there's a danger it might make you appear more human to me and my inner Emperor Palpatine would find that too conflicting.
    *yawn*
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17577
    tFB Trader
    Stick with the singing. 

It's nothing like playing the guitar it's so completely tied up with your emotions and confidence, you feel far more exposed.

I've played guitar all over the place at lots of big gigs, but singing a lead vocal with a band is still my most intense musical memory.
    OK, You've got a beautiful voice and it makes me fantasise about a threesome with you and Theresa May. xxxx
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    OK, You've got a beautiful voice and it makes me fantasise about a threesome with you and Theresa May. xxxx
    *Yawn*
    Y u no play?

U no fun.