Any love for Bugera V55HD?

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
Theres a Bugera V55HD for sale locally with Bugera 2x12 cab, seems very cheap, any love for these amps?

Cheers!
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Yes, they are bloody good. Early v55 model had a fault with the switching but that was sorted pretty quickly. They are incredibly good amps, very versatile and even at twice the price they'd still be great value.
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    Yes absolutely love mine. I use it as a pedal platform. The dirty sound is a bit Marmite, but you may well like it.
    I've got a couple of amps and this is the cheapest, but also the one i reach for first. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited May 2017
    I haven't played a V55 but was very impressed with their V22 combo that I tried out some years back. Bugera is the 'posh' amp part of Behringer and before anyone groans, or refers to adverse posts on forums from 'Behringer bashers', the truth is that these amps are very well put together (I could be wrong but I think they are hand assembled?), with lots of useful features, they sound good (albeit with their own character), are priced very competitively and the customer support is very good.  I nearly bought a V22 but as I already had several amps including a Laney VC30-210 I couldn't justify it and also had no real space for it.  

I would add that the speaker in the V22 was really good - I thought it would be something you'd need to change, but it isn't.  I do think though that a quality set of tubes would make a big difference - it came with Chinese tubes and I suspect the same might be true of the V55.  The Bugera tubes are ok, nothing wrong with them per se, but probably more at the budget end. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    I've had a V55 head in for service and I have to say i was very impressed with the build quality, and some nice features like bringing the bias adjustment onto the top of the chassis to save removing it. Transformers looked well sized for the job also, which is unusual for Chinese built amps. So from my point of view a thumbs up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    edited May 2017
    Sounds promising, I was expecting them to be shite! Now I need to find the time to go and have a butchers.....
    Head and Matching 2x12 is offered for £175......
    @ICBM do you have any experience with these, please?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    I've got mine from @timmysoft and really like it. I don't have much experience of other amps so can't really give any comparisons but the cleans are nice and the drive is good as long as you keep the gain fairly low. Certainly a lot of amp for the money.

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Voxman said:
    I haven't played a V55 but was very impressed with their V22 combo that I tried out some years back. Bugera is the 'posh' amp part of Behringer and before anyone groans, or refers to adverse posts on forums from 'Behringer bashers', the truth is that these amps are very well put together (I could be wrong but I think they are hand assembled?), with lots of useful features, they sound good (albeit with their own character), are priced very competitively and the customer support is very good.  I nearly bought a V22 but as I already had several amps including a Laney VC30-210 I couldn't justify it and also had no real space for it.  

I would add that the speaker in the V22 was really good - I thought it would be something you'd need to change, but it isn't.  I do think though that a quality set of tubes would make a big difference - it came with Chinese tubes and I suspect the same might be true of the V55.  The Bugera tubes are ok, nothing wrong with them per se, but probably more at the budget end. 

I don't think they are hand assembled, but they are well put together PCB amps, a friend of mine who does EE has one, and he opened it up to take a look. He said that it's as good as any other amp he has seen.
    I have lots of internal shots of the amp if you are interested, and the amp was designed by Meyer Electrical Amplification in Stuttgart, manufactured in China and is well engineered and a very good quality PCB layout IMHO (and I have seen / designed a few in my time  :) )
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I had a V22 combo that never missed a beat, I gave it to my nephew to learn on and he loves it, it's still going strong on the same valves that it shipped with. If it's a good price I say snap it up, they are little gems.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    DJH83004 said:
    I have lots of internal shots of the amp if you are interested, and the amp was designed by Meyer Electrical Amplification in Stuttgart, manufactured in China and is well engineered and a very good quality PCB layout IMHO (and I have seen / designed a few in my time  :) )
    I'd be interested to see pictures Dave if you don't mind? Would be nice to see what's inside mine without opening it up!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    Me too! @DJH83004 please.....

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Didn't post any more as it seems to take me an age to resize the images, then upload the image to somewhere (currently my own website) where I can copy and paste the URL address it into fretboard, there must be an easier way?
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2723

Can you post images directly into forum posts?

Don't think so but would happily take advice from the IT savvy guys here, if it doesn't glow, I'm a bit lost  :s
    Its best to host photos on something like Photobucket and the post the link to the photo

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited May 2017
    Voxman said:

I don't think they are hand assembled, but they are well put together PCB amps, a friend of mine who does EE has one, and he opened it up to take a look. He said that it's as good as any other amp he has seen.

The Bugera website refers to their amps being hand-built ( "Hand-built 55-Watt guitar combo driven by 2 x 6L6 tubes" ) :

http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Bugera/Guitar/Guitar-Combo-Amplifiers/V55-INFINIUM/p/P0B04

There's reference to part PCB and part hand-wiring so there must be at least some hand assembly. What's very interesting is that Bugera make all their own components and their own speakers too!:

https://www.music-group.com/brand/bugera/ourstory?active=Our Story

Also, I believe all Bugera amps come with a 3 yr manufacturer's warranty as standard!

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1589

They seem very good and well liked and I would wish them well in the market place IF they stopped cloning 'OUR' designs!!

Dave.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    edited May 2017
    ^ The cheek of them! They even call them tube amps, too, so I guess they also cloned your marketing. D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom