Guitar magazines

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stand_madestand_made Frets: 57
    Not from guitar industry but similar hobby/leisure business.

We never spend on print anymore unless they are including it in what's new and or a review. We make them chase us.

more effective is.

An active social media approach
    what we have learnt for us is give 3 information posts on related subject to one get our new product.post. Golden rule give to get.

post at the same time on a regular basis so people get to know when you have content.

video is king a simple two iPhone video on a glue product got us our highest likes and engagement. Way more than just images.

for us paid Facebook boosted posts to a good profile of users can see a solid spike in sales in the ensuing 30 days..

build a mailing list to send regular newsletters. Is a solid reliable method but make content educational and not just here are a list of products and prices. Also exclusive mail list offers work to build brand loyalty and income.

i could write 10 pages but that is the core and ultimately print has a much lower roi than FB and social.

Thank you for generously sharing this @Jez6345789 - your 3:1 "give to get" rule especially!

What I have undoubtedly realized through this discussion is that we might have a new, improved website about to launch and a workshop Showroom about to open, but we still need to begin really INTERACTING with the people already visiting/discovering us; making their experience a much more interesting, positive one BEFORE investing in trying to increase our audience figures through print advertising.

I am really pleased with how the business has steadily grown over the last 4 years and the hundreds of emailed testimonials we've so far received praising us for the quality of our products, skills and service, but the next crucial step is much clearer now.

I'll keep sharing our personal marketing plans & experiences along the way - hoping they might help others too.

Thanks again everyone.

Andy
    Andy, Stand made are a perfect candidate for instagram - people will knock it but its a great source of interest/enquiries/orders, especially as a manufacturer such as yourself. 

Post photos of the manufacturing process (within reason, don't give your secrets away) mixed in amongst product photos an and you will generate a lot of interest. People are as much interested in photos of the daily ins and outs of your business as much as they are with product photos. Just ask Marc @Mojopickups how instagram has helped him. He has a massive following. Plus - instagram is the fastest growing platform since 2012. Its free promotion.
    Thank you @wackojacko - Twitter has proven to be really good for us; securing valuable sales, support and contact with some amazing people but, having considered everyone's feedback so far, I'm now a lot more comfortable, making a decision to invest in our other social channels  (Instagram, Facebook and Youtube) which, to date, have been far less "interactive".

I very much appreciate it is a real skill and creating a profile that ensures the business comes across both professional & personable, clearly requires planning and careful thought before getting the cameras out (I recognize it's no longer a marketing novelty) but you're absolutely right @TheGuitarWeasel, it can seem overwhelming trying to keep up with those around you who appear to be on top of it all. That said, just knowing there are far more 1-2 man operations burning the midnight oil right alongside you, keeps the motivation going.

We're also at the stage where we need to consider how we £upscale many other aspects of our operation to cope with a significant increase in sales but that's prompting a whole new conversation!!

Many thanks again.

Andy 
    Oak & Bespoke Guitar Stands & Racks made in Shropshire, England.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom